Senior Software Engineer, Adobe XD (Foundation)
Are you passionate about exploring and finding opportunities for continuous improvements to product architecture, toolset, and technology choices; connecting with fellow engineers; adding value to the product, and ultimately the customers? If so, the XD Foundation team is where you want to be.
The team is given high-level business problems and is empowered to pursue them in a self-directed manner. We identify systemic issues in the codebase, in the toolset, in the build systems, or really anywhere directly impacting the overall product. Then we come up with suggestions for improvement, make the case to management, and then collaborate with other product teams to drive the change forward.
Success on this team means you're great at dealing with ambiguous issues without a clear path forward. You're inspired by thinking about project architecture, and love collaborating with multiple teams to achieve your goals. Is that you? If so, join us!
What you'll do
- Identify systemic engineering issues in areas ranging from team process to approach to cross-platform engineering to CI/CD.
- Come up with approaches to resolving the issues and present the approaches to the engineering team and management.
- Analyze performance and design/architecture inefficiencies.
- Work with feature squads within XD to drive forward change as articulated above.
- Engage with multiple disciplines inside XD (design, engineering, customer support, PM) to deliver value for the customer.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues in both structured and unstructured environments.
- Work well both independently and collaboratively within a fast-moving development team, with clear, positive, and constructive communication.
What you need to succeed
- Based in San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of professional development experience.
- Macintosh and/or Windows 10 native development experience, with clear demonstrated understanding of the platform-specific design patterns.
- An interest in and ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience developing for multiple devices and platforms.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations.
- Experience with graphics programming, especially vector graphics.
- Understanding of vector rendering/compositing stacks (both CPU and GPU).
- Strong familiarity with and passion for design and design tools. Experience developing design tools.
- A passion for empowering mobile application and web designers to create more engaging experiences.
- A good sense of humor!
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top