Senior Software Engineer
Our Identity Services system is one of the highest traffic service in Adobe Creative Cloud enabling the authentication and authorization of Adobe Creative Cloud customers to products and services.
As an Identity Platform Software Engineer you will be responsible of maintaining 99.99% uptime and to design a system that will scale with our business demands. Your immediate customers are millions of Adobe users worldwide. It's your job to provide a highly scalable, reliable system that can serve millions of RPMs every day.
We need your technical knowledge to solve incredible hard problems and build the next generation architecture of the system. You will be part of a powerful team of SaaS developers' eager to tackle the most complex deliverables. We are looking for experienced software developers with a passion for delivering results.
If you are passionate about high scalability, elastic infrastructure, zero downtime, 2 million RPMs, multi-region, multi-cloud and squeezing milliseconds from the response times you are the right candidate for us.
What you'll do
- Work in an agile team to build a scalable and secure service and own multiple features of the product.
- Evaluate the current architecture, determine risks and opportunities, and come up with proposal for mitigations and improvements.
- Use your superior technical skills to coach junior members of the team
- Perform research on various technologies and define architectural improvements. Build prototypes or core features.
- Drive adoption of new technologies and contribute to continuous increase of technical knowledge across engineering teams
- Drive the definition of the service architecture for the next 5 years.
- Understand the product principals and customer base and drive the definition of a truly internet-scale & web-forward architecture.
What you need to succeed
- Deep knowledge of J2EE stack
- 7+ years industry experience.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Object oriented design principles and design patterns, strong algorithmic and logical skills
- Able to develop for and deploy on Linux OS, configuration and administration skills are a plus (a big plus if used Amazon Web Services)
- Excellent knowledge of System Scalability, Availability & Performance.
- Good knowledge of the marketplace and web-space trends and technologies
- Solid foundation in software engineering process & best practices (unit testing, build automation, continuous integration)
- Hands-on software development capabilities with large projects
- Passionate about computer science, developing software and internet applications
- Enjoys technical challenges and can propose and evaluating a solution against requirements, demonstrates strong customer focus
- Committed to the highest levels of quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Spoken and written English proficiency
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top