Senior Platform UI Architect
As a UI Architect you will deliver highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable enterprise applications
- You will be one of several architects in our portfolio of products within the user experience team. You will work cooperatively with those like yourself, engineering managers, other specialists, partners, etc to achieve outcomes
- You will drive end-to-end projects, collaborating on product definitions with Product Managers, architecting and implementing technical solutions with hardworking teams, and ensuring continued success even after deployment.
- You will lead and participate in design reviews, architecture discussions, and other technical leader activities.
- You'll balance technical leadership and acumen with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
- You should enjoy working on meaningful projects, and be willing to work on many different projects, and are interested in assuming various responsibilities.
- You will determine the architecture for the Adobe AEP Applications while partnering with other Tech Leads and UI team members.
- You will define and implement the roll-out of the UI engineering standards (coding, testing, automation, app structure), write prototypes, assist developers to develop applications
- Understand and address compliance requirements
- Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure consistency to UI architectural standards and standard methodologies
- Design and develop proof of concept prototypes for advanced features and designs
- Provide technical mentorship and perform code reviews for multiple development efforts
- Evaluate, test and provide technology and design recommendations to management
- Write detailed documentation on system design and implementation
Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market
- Contribute to framework implementation as necessary
- Actively engage in tracking and reducing technical debt.
- Share ideas, insights, and technology trends to the broader technical audience within the company
- Play a key role in hiring, retention, and growth of talent: attract, evaluate, coach and mentor senior engineers
- Drive and support innovation by acting as a sounding board for ideas and help bring them to life
BS in computer science, MS in computer science preferred.
At least 8 years of experience as an architect/engineer crafting and building complex and scalable software systems
- Must have 3 or more years of React development and Architecture
- 3+ years of GraphQL experience
- Expertise in delivering enterprise-class js web applications
- Expertise in the design, development, and use of component-based architectures, preferably with React and Redux
- Expertise in Modern web app building and testing frameworks (e.g. webpack, jasmine, etc.)
- Expertise in HTML5, CSS, and CSS Preprocessors
- Heavy emphasis on Automation and Quality (CI/CD)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience leading projects and mentoring engineers
Strong background in crafting client-side and server-side architecture for scale, availability, performance, security, and agility
Broad understanding of opposing technologies and their relative strengths and weaknesses; and be able to select the right ones for our needs
- Passion and ability to quickly pick up expertise on new technologies
- Hands-on engineering skills to evaluate diverse technologies, build prototypes, and seek meaningful issues, working with other architects and engineers
Experience in crafting cloud applications using AWS services is highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Should have strong communication skills to articulate vision/strategy and get agreements, using language and detail appropriate for the audience
- Ability to adjust to change and rapid pace of development
- Ability to see the big picture and keep an eye on long-term goals and direction, while looking after short-term needs
- Comfortable working with a remote team operating in multiple time zones
- Proven understanding of design approaches and challenges across all layers of the stack including Front-end, data storage, back-end, middleware, and application tiers.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top