Senior Legal Counsel, Digital Media
Join the group of attorneys and paralegals who provide legal counsel to the product teams at Adobe that develop and market Adobe's best-selling offerings: Creative Cloud and Document Cloud. We are seeking a hardworking, positive, and high-energy lawyer to lead a team of legal professionals who support the go-to-market efforts of these businesses. You will work closely with the product development, engineering, business strategy, and marketing teams, as well as colleagues in Legal, to provide counseling on a range of legal topics. You will be based in San Jose, CA, will report to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel, and will help advance client business objectives while handling legal risk to Adobe.
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of legal professionals; provide mentoring, leadership, and be a resource for the team.
- Sit on the staff of the VP, Associate General Counsel; provide leadership and direction for the broader team.
- Collaborate with clients on the review of products and initiatives to assess legal compliance and provide practical advice.
- Apply a practical and well-balanced perspective to legal issues that arise when marketing, selling, and distributing our products and services.
- Advise on compliance with US and international laws and regulations dealing with licensing, e-commerce, education, intellectual property, marketing, privacy, and security.
- Collaborate with subject matter leads in Adobe Legal, including privacy, antitrust, and intellectual property attorneys to analyze legal risks.
- Support and build positive relationships with Adobe's product development, marketing, and go-to-market teams.
- Support sales attorneys that raise licensing questions and requests from customers.
What You Need to Succeed
- 8+ years of meaningful legal experience, with a focus in the tech industry.
- Expertise in privacy and data security issues and compliance (CIPP certification and experience with privacy by design a plus).
- Provide strategic and business-focused support for clients, including counseling, negotiation, and drafting of agreements.
- Pays attention to detail, business-friendly, and great teammate who can think creatively and who is not afraid to deep-dive into complex issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a great sense of humor, a growth mindset, and a commitment to professionalism.
- Strong leadership abilities; capable of succinctly framing complex legal issues and communicating effectively with all levels of the organization (both written and verbal).
- Great at working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Dedication to providing clients with responsive support in a dynamic work environment.
- Seek to make an impact and build a rewarding career with our Legal team.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top