Senior HR Business Partner
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner in Japan who can provide strategic business partner guidance to senior leaders to drive overall organizational effectiveness, in the areas of workforce planning, organizational design, key talent/succession planning, high performing team effectiveness, employee engagement, culture strategies and change and transformation leadership. You will provide HR partnership across several organizations and work closely with other team members in Japan, as well as other regional and global teams and COE's.
What you'll do
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leaders providing partnership, consultation and support in the areas of organizational design, organizational development, talent development, talent management, succession planning, employee engagement, and change management practices
- Partner with Japan and Employee Experience leadership to drive workforce planning initiatives including alignment of resources to the top priorities, identify investment in talent and building capabilities needed to achieve the stated vision and strategy
- Partner with leaders to identify and address critical organizational and people issues, and remove barriers impeding the success of the business
- Consult on targeted development solutions and offerings to accelerate growth and impact of key talent
- Design and deliver meetings, off-sites and strategic planning sessions to enable business effectiveness by facilitating, co-facilitation to work with leaders to inspire change within the business
- Build performance management capabilities by coaching leaders to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective feedback to foster employee development and differentiate performance
- Partner with the Employee Experience Team to develop and track key talent and ensure they are provided with experiences that enable development and retention
- Coordinate and partner closely with the COEs to deliver HR programs to the business, including Company Check-in Engagement Survey, Leadership Developments Programs, Annual Rewards, and Workforce Planning.
- Provide inputs to country/functional business leadership teams to drive and accelerate business goals
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and Talent Acquisition team to plan and implement internship/new graduate programs
What you need to succeed
- Typically requires minimum of 8-10 years of related experience partnering directly with senior leaders
- Strong command of principles, frameworks, tools and solutions to increase organizational and leadership effectiveness including but not limited to; key talent dev/ succession planning, org design/workforce planning, change leadership, high performing team effectiveness and coaching
- Strong knowledge and technical design skills in change management, organizational design, systems thinking, essential communications, consultative skills, influencing and negotiation skills, team dynamics, coaching and facilitation
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships (internal and external) at all levels of the organization, exhibiting strong leadership and influencing skills, and design, implement, and lead change management initiatives
- A strong background in consulting or coaching, in addition to proven business insight
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency
- Experience of working or leading in matrix and geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and remain flexible and agile in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills - Japanese fluency required, English should be at least business level
- Prior people management or leadership experience would be a plus
Get to know the team
The Employee Experience team plays a key role in creating a vibrant and dynamic workplace that reflects our core values. The Employee Experience team helps drive Adobe's success by enabling all of our people to do and be their best. Key areas of focus include Business Partnering, Employee Insights, Rewards, Talent Selection, Talent Development, Technology, Global Workplace Solutions and Employee Resource Center.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top