Senior Front End Engineer
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the charismatically designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day-and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We're a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that's why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you're passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
Adobe is seeking a versatile and passionate Senior UI Engineer to create engaging collaborative experiences for creative people. As you develop components for Adobe's industry-leading desktop, mobile, and web applications, you'll be enabling creativity from any device, anywhere in the world. You'll join an independent, fast-moving team backed by the resources and talent of Adobe. We're fun, hard-working, expert engineers that are equally capable of giving and receiving technical guidance. At Adobe's vibrant Seattle campus in the heart of Fremont, we work among a diverse set of enthusiastic people that live life to its fullest.
The ideal candidate will adopt a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication. You'll feel comfortable taking calculated risks to change technical direction and can articulate the benefits and costs of a decision. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Partner with designers and business leaders to provide a best-in-class customer experience
- Engage with customers to identify problems, test ideas, and refine workflows
- Stay current with the latest test, development, and deployment best practices and share your findings with the team and community
Who you are
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including a solid understanding of standard data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency developing world-class web front-end clients
- Experience with various UI toolkits and interaction models including responsive design
- Deep understanding of supporting APIs, cache layers
- Demonstrated expertise with React framework and at least one other JS framework (Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Capable of creating a new production-quality codebase from scratch
- Experience with C/C++ preferred
- BA/BS in computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills
Making our technology accessible to all
We believe everyone should have equal access to technology and its benefits. To help achieve this, Adobe is focused on making software more accessible for everyone. When we hire for engineering, development and design roles, we look for the following accessibility skills:
- Base knowledge of the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.0
- Exposure to current tools used by people with disabilities (screen readers and other assistive technologies)
- Experience with accessibility evaluation and validation software
- Understanding of input and output modes used by people with disabilities
- Familiarity with compliance requirements - state, Federal, international
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top