Senior Financial Analyst - Technical Accounting & External Reporting
- San Jose, CA
Do you want to see the inner-workings of a Fortune 500 company? Do you have a desire to innovate and continuously identify areas for improvement? Come join the Technical Accounting and External Reporting team at Adobe!
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst rockstar to research and provide technical accounting guidance across highly visible areas, including business combinations, new accounting standards and ad hoc project work. This person will also participate in preparing quarterly and annual external reporting documents and coordinate reporting timelines with management and external auditors. This role will report to the Technical Accounting Manager.
- Act as a technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving and documenting accounting issues that arise during the year;
- Assess the impact of new and proposed accounting pronouncements and standards to ensure compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements;
- Partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure the accurate accounting for complex transactions and lead implementation of new accounting requirements;
- Provide technical accounting assistance for ad hoc projects, including coordinating project meetings and follow-up;
- Manage and periodically update the accounting policies owned and maintained by the team;
- Coordinate the annual Goodwill Impairment analysis;
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, valuation work, purchase price accounting, integration and documentation thereof;
- Assist with SEC & acquisition-related filings including preparing pro forma financial information.
- Prepare external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's, 8K's and assist with governmental statutory reporting;
- Lead the earnings release process by preparing the quarterly management reporting package and reviewing all financial information in the earnings documents;
- Prepare and coordinate reporting timelines and schedule key quarterly meetings;
- Prepare quarter-end data including the statement of cash flows and the weighted shares calculation along with other quarter end accounting memos and analysis;
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for impacted areas (e.g., disclosure controls);
- Assist with the XBRL process;
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
What you need to succeed
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting; Active CPA required;
- 3+ years of meaningful experience including Big 4 public accounting firm experience;
- Overall understanding and experience in the application of US GAAP and SEC/financial reporting requirements;
- Proficient in researching accounting literature;
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including being able to research and simplify complex situations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Proactive and passionate about working cross-functionally with teams including equity, payroll, tax, treasury, finance and corporate accounting;
- Prioritize tasks to manage and meet critical deadlines;
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision;
- Approach work with an authentic intellectual curiosity and a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Thrive in a multifaceted and collaborative team environment and mentor and coach junior staff;
- SAP experience a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top