Senior Engineering Manager
- Basel, Switzerland
Adobe is the industry leader in Experience Management. Adobe Experience Manager helps our customers manage, run and maintain high traffic, high visibility experiences and solve challenging scaling problems for them.
The Adobe Experience Manager team is looking for an excellent Engineering Manager to join our Cloud Foundation team to help driving development of its new cloud native services.What you'll do
- Lead the cloud native design and implementation strategy for core foundation services & components of Adobe Experience Manager.
- Articulate architecture and implementation choices to cross functional teams
- Coordinate end to end service development and delivery, at high quality while mitigating risks in schedule and scope
- Partner with other teams across Adobe in achieving high quality of service delivery
- Develop and evolve engineering and business processes to optimize team efficiency
- Manage and report regularly Service Level Objectives (SLOs) that measure service and team performance against organizational objectives
- Mentor and guide the team and set high expectations for highest performance and results
- Engage with key customers to understand their systems and technical needs, to influence architecture and vision of our services
- Build and analyze data models to drive design decisions based on data insight
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of strong, demonstrable engineering experience
- Management experience leading cross functional geographically distributed engineering teams
- Execution skills (self-direction, drive for results, individual accountability)
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new service offerings and open source components
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and developing individuals for increased effectiveness
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing to goal-driven metrics
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing, deploying, and managing distributed applications on cloud platforms
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms
- Contributor to open source projects
- Team player who thrives under pressure
- Interest in working with leading edge technology and demanding customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of English
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top