Senior Data Analyst
- Seattle, WA
Senior Data Analyst, Platform Insights
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen every single day.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Adobe Experience Platform - Content Services (AEP-CS) creates a shared foundation for Adobe customers' content platform used in Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud - enabling consistent experiences, cross-cloud collaboration workflows, and innovative data insights with a goal to accelerated time-to-value. Our content services are delivered as a multi-tenant SaaS storage platform with micro services for identity, access, cache/sync, collaboration, search, and AI to work with the variety of content that our customers deal with (e.g. images, videos, documents, text, web pages, campaigns, blogs, tweets etc.).
You will be joining a new team formed to help us take our considerable data and turn it into information that we can use to answer questions and generate new insights. Your role will be key in framing the strategy for the tools and processes we'll use as we develop this new discipline within AEP. You will have the support of peers throughout the Cloud Technology organization and will be a key leader helping to set the course for the future. Your partners will be Product Managers and Software Engineers and you will help them to make informed decisions about their products through insights gleaned from statistical analysis and experimentation.
You will bring your technical background in data analytics but as importantly, you will have the ability to tell a compelling story with this data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented. Your experience deriving and communicating insights from data analyses to product and/or business leaders will be a key indicator of your success. This is a very exciting time and we hope you're up for the challenge.
What You Will Do
- Will work on every phase of data analysis: creation, ingestion, pipeline, analytics, presentation
- Help drive the strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems
- Become the subject matter authority on our data platform, including driving the requirements for our internal event logging systems, data processing engines, experimentation frameworks, and data visualization/dashboard tools.
- Design, implement, and analyze A/B/n experiments to provide reports and actionable insights
- Support regular ad-hoc analysis of large data and metadata sources; interpret and effectively communicate insights and learnings to product, service, and business managers
- Utilize statistical techniques to adjust for bias and extrapolate meaningful insights to broader product development decisions
- Define the key business metrics to track the health of our business and drive better decision making
- Build dashboards and tools that provide insight around key metrics
- Clearly communicate and share findings that lead to actionable insights for key partners tasked with building and maintaining productized reporting/data solutions.
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members including product managers, engineering, and others across the organization to identify opportunities and advocate for product improvements and service optimizations
- Advocate for data-forward thinking within product management and engineering teams while emphasizing the value of data/analytics to help drive a data-informed culture.
- Build trust in data by crafting processes and frameworks that ensure data integrity and consistent data definitions.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science/analytics
- BS degree in an analytical discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics, etc. MS preferred
- Proficiency in Java, R and/or Python
- Strong proficiency in querying, manipulating and analyzing large data sets using SQL and/or SQL-like languages. (Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience designing and analyzing A/B/n experiments, using appropriate statistical techniques to mitigate bias and interpret statistical significance
- Knowledge of relevant tools in this field such as Hive, Tableau, Excel (Charting and PivotTables), PowerBI, Apache Hadoop and related technology stack like Pig, Hive, Oozie etc. Experience with Splunk a plus.
- Track record of translating business questions into data analytics approaches
- Experience creating data visualizations and storytelling to effectively communicate analysis results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to stitch, calibrate and quality control multiple data sources.
The best candidate is:
- Up to the challenge of exploring new areas and finding creative ways to tackle or circumvent data problems.
- Has the ability to persistently navigate organizational challenges without losing sight of key goals.
- Shows strong analytical and problem resolution skills, incl. the ability to research and simplify complex situations
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- A teammate with a customer-centric mindset.
- Excellent at data communication and storytelling ability
- Willing to dig-in and understand data to demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top