Senior Customer Marketing Specialist
Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Senior Customer Marketing Specialist
The Marketo Customer Marketing team's mission is to engage our customers throughout their entire journey, increase advocacy, drive adoption and retention, develop raving fans of the Marketo brand, and ultimately, create Marketo customers for life.
The Senior Customer Marketing Specialist will focus on driving key Customer Marketing programs forward, in addition to discovering and developing new Marketo advocates. Success in this role can be achieved with a passion for the customer and a focus on building lasting customer relationships.
- Day-to-day management of the Marketo User Group (MUG) community, including:
- Development of a formalized program charter
- Working in partnership with the Marketo Champion Leadership Ambassadors and MUG leaders in creating program toolkits, educational resources & more
- Partnering with sales, customer success, and BD teams to build a strong ecosystem centered on helping customers succeed
- Track and measurement of regional MUG performance and growth tied to revenue goals
- Plan and organize quarterly in-person and virtual MUG events
- Curation of content for MUG leaders aligned to support key cross-sell and adoption initiatives
- Work closely with the customer advocacy team to promote key programs including voice of customer reviews, Purple Select, reference program, customer stories, Marketo Champions, Fearless 50, and more
- Work cross-functionally to help drive retention and adoption programs
- Support key deliverables, events, and initiatives that involve highlighting customers, including customer case studies, presentations, Marketing Nation Summit, and more
- Collaborate with corporate communications to make our client companies, and the marketers who work there, heroes through PR, social media, speaking opportunities, analyst relations, and awards
- Track, measure, and contribute to key customer advocacy success metrics, including:
- Influence of MUGs to new advocate pipeline
- Attendance and growth of MUG meetings
- Impact of MUGs to renewals, upsell, cross-sell, and adoption initiatives
- Influence of MUGs in decreasing customer churn
Key attributes of the Senior Customer Marketing Specialist include:
- Passion for the Customer: Building relationships and delighting customers is what you live for. You go above and beyond to turn customers into raving fans.
- Strategic Thinker: You see the big picture and are focused on measuring ROI through all customer marketing programs, in addition to increasing referrals, cross-sell/upsell opportunities, retention, and loyalty.
- Creative: Engage and motivate advocates with out-of-the-box thinking and innovative programs.
- Advocate: Act as the voice of the customer and collaborate cross-functionally to improve the customer experience.
Marketo is a high-energy, hard-charging, high-performance company. The Senior Customer Marketing Specialist needs to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, always looking for ways to take their programs to the next level, and a strong team player who takes great pride in the quality, precision, and measurable results of his/her work.
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer-facing role in customer success and/or marketing, sales, sales development, or experience in customer advocacy
- 2+ years of community management & event marketing
- Excellent communication, writing, and storytelling skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects, often under tight timelines, while consistently delivering results
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder communication and engagement skills
- Outstanding customer relationship-building skills
- Strong program development and management capabilities
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with ability to thrive in a very dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in business, marketing, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong analytics background with a passion for numbers and data a plus
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top