Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Passionate about mobile photography and AI? This is your opportunity to work with a team that will be changing the camera industry. Adobe's EPG (Emerging Product Group) led by VP and Fellow Marc Levoy, is seeking a Senior Computer Scientist to join our team in San Jose, California. You will be part of the core team that is exploring next-generation product opportunities centered around the concept of a universal camera app, and empowered by machine learning, computer vision, and computational photography. The effort will begin as part of our Photoshop Camera app, growing its photographic collection capabilities in new directions. If successful it will grow to become a technology platform for other Adobe products, with the opportunity for broad impact. Publication is allowed and encouraged, especially when validated by product impact.
What you'll do
- Work like a startup inside Adobe, making this is an outstanding "best of both worlds" opportunity. If you'd love the flexibility and personal impact of joining a startup, but also dream of having the deep resources, cool perks, and global launch stage that only an industry leader like Adobe can offer, this is where you belong.
- Your impact will include technical leadership at a level that is material to the success of the overall company, by leading the strategy of the future EPG products and providing innovations that power future growth of Adobe. Your actions will have a positive impact on customers, employees, and shareholders.
- As a domain specialist for camera software and/or hardware, you will provide critical analysis of potential improvements in these areas, to deliver Adobe's viewpoint on mobile cameras for the benefit of Adobe's customers.
- As a specialist for computational photography, computer vision, image processing or computer graphics, and machine learning, you will be responsible for leading cross-functional working groups or initiatives or providing consulting/advice to other departments or groups within the company.
- Advocate adoption of new technologies and standards to the broader Adobe developer community.
- Research and build standard methodologies and share them with the organization.
- Mentor & coach junior technical contributors & aspiring principals.
- Develop groundbreaking image processing algorithms in C++.
What you need to succeed
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related technical fields.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Interest in consumer cameras and photography.
- Expert in research on computational photography, computer vision, image processing, or computer graphics.
- Experience in developing camera, computing hardware, optics and lens is a plus.
- Bonus - Experience in array cameras, or depth sensing cameras.
- Track record of setting strategy, defining roadmaps & executing on the priorities. A combination of critical thinking and pragmatic delivery to yield the best short-term as well as long-term results. Passionate about product excellence.
- Ability to influence & direct multi-functional teams without formal authority. Inherently collaborative, while also demonstrating leadership to successfully implement a sophisticated product or technical roadmap.
- Ability to serve as a respected advisor and counselor to senior executives. Can effectively and convincingly communicate ideas and objectives to audiences of all levels.
- Be an entrepreneur: It's about making ideas happen; predict the future by inventing it.