Senior Android Engineer, Behance
Behance is seeking a Senior Android Software Engineer with strong programming fundamentals and a keen attention to detail to join us in New York City. We are particularly interested in finding a talented candidate who is a self-starter, has enthusiasm for the mobile ecosystem, and has a proven track record of developing mobile applications for the Android platform.
We are a team of designers and developers using mobile technology platforms to connect the creative world and craft the future of creative workflows. You will have an opportunity to build and maintain products that are highly visible, well regarded by your peers, and loved by the broader creative community. Our work has been recognized through partnerships, demoed in product keynotes, and prominently featured in the app stores of both major mobile platforms.
As a part of the Adobe family, we believe in hiring the very best, and that's why Adobe is an award-winning top 100 employer. Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company's success. Adobe is consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For."
Read more about working at Adobe on the Behance team: http://www.behance.net/careers
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals
- Proven ability to learn new languages and technology stacks quickly
- Android Mobile application development
- User interface design and implementation for Android
For successful candidates
- You are comfortable building prototypes from scratch
- You have shipped software in a commercial environment
- You are excellent at choosing how to allocate your time
- 5+ years experience with Android SDK and Java/Kotlin
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM.
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with modern web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Solid design skills and ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code.
- Strong communication skills and team work experience
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven ability to lead feature development from concept definition all the way to shipping product
- Industry-competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Take time off when you need it (in addition to 12 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 2-week long company breaks)
- 4 weeks of paid sabbatical after 5 years
- Flexibility to work from home periodically
- $10,000 educational reimbursement per year
- Generous 401K company match of 50 percent of the first 6 percent of eligible compensation
- Generous commuter benefit
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Uniquely open and informal environment
- And much more!
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top