Search & Machine Learning Engineering Lead
- San Jose, CA
Search, and information retrieval is a critical part of Adobe's Cloud offering. Adobe Clouds are brimming with billions of pieces of rich content and ever growing on daily basis. The kind of content ranges from images, photos, vectors, brushes, videos, composites, documents, Digital experience, 3D, and anything we could think of. Creative professionals and novice users alike need quick access to their digital assets, libraries, the variety of creative content, and documents they work with every day, from brushes to colors, images, videos and beyond. They need to find and discover what they've created, the things that have been shared with them, and even search marketplace such as Adobe Stock or community such as Behance. Enterprises who use Adobe Experience Cloud to power their digital experiences, they want their customers to find the right content & experience segment in their digital ecosystem.
We have built a search platform that powers suits of Adobe product lines such as Adobe's Creative Cloud product, Experience Cloud, Document Cloud, and creative marketplace by enabling the world's best creative tools, leading cloud services for managing creative assets, and the leading marketplace such as Adobe Stock. Search platform caters to millions of users and billions of entities. Isn't it exciting? Now we are taking this platform to higher maturity levels by making it Self Served, adding machine learnt embeddings based search, conversational search and multi modal search. Become part of this growing team at Adobe and have a phenomenal impact by providing search, browse, machine learning a recommendation across the creative suites of products at Adobe. Search is at the very core of the service offered to our customers, with 13 languages covered, and millions of users touched every day. The objective is to make search a world class, leading edge, differentiating product in terms of search effectiveness and cloud experience. We match the pace, innovation and excitement of a startup, backed by the resources and infrastructure of Adobe!
How can you participate? We're looking for a top notch technical leadership in building Search as the core tenet in Adobe Clouds. Technical leadership entails influencing search indexing, Search algorithms, relevance & ranking, visual search, data mining, machine learning, data analysis & metrics, query processing, multi-lingual search, search UX, and overall Adobe Cloud ecosystem. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact in a fast-paced, startup-like environment in great company. Join us!
- Help prepare a vision for Search for Adobe Clouds
- Lead the technical direction for, web services, search indexing, data mining, big data, Hadoop, Search algorithms, Visual Search, deep learning, recommendations, and Adobe Cloud ecosystem by developing a Search platform that would power Adobe Clouds such as Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Marketing Cloud.
- Help build Search platform to index billions of images, documents and other assets in real-time.
- Maintain and optimize search engine, identify new ideas to evolve it, develop new features and benchmark possible solutions, in terms of search relevance, recommendations but also user experience, performance, and feasibility.
- Build these Search products using technologies such as Elastic Search, REST web services, SQS/Kafka, Machine Learning, and more.
What you need to succeed
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the industry
- Experience in engineering SaaS-based software development
- Experience with search engine technology, image search, and inverted indexes
- Experience with Elastic Search/SolR and AWS/Azure
- Hands-on experience with Java, and/or Python.
- Exposure to Kubernetes
- Exposure to Real time event processing systems like Apache Storm/Apache Flink/others.
- Hands on experience in Big data processing, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Hands on experience in building distributed systems and indexing pipeline.
- Experience in Web services and REST.
- Experience in RDBMS & NOSQL database
- Experience in Machine learnt ranking techniques
- Exposure to Machine learning techniques in Computer Vision
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top