Quality Engineering Software Developer- Photoshop
Are you interested in the chance to work on professional creative software product that touches millions of customers across the world? Are you ready to make an impact by making sure the highest quality "Adobe Magic" gets delivered to our customers? The Photoshop Applied Research and Technology team is seeking a Quality Engineering Software Developer with a passion for technology to test and evaluate creative imaging algorithms and experiences. We're looking for someone that's highly technical, creative, inquisitive, someone who can collaborate and communicate effectively across research, engineering and product management teams to drive Advanced Photoshop features from research to production.
What you will do
- Evaluate research prototypes and give feedback for technology readiness and areas for improvements. These technologies are powered by machine learning, deep learning, computer vision or image processing algorithms.
- Write unit, functional, performance, regression tests for features transferred from research into products.
- Perform workflow (black box) testing for features in Photoshop on multiple platforms and surfaces.
- Perform interactive performance and GPU testing, establish benchmarks and regression tracking.
- Create thorough and well-organized test plans and cases.
- Continuously maintain, innovate, and improve automation and test processes
- Troubleshoot and document clear, concise bug reports as needed
- Work with product and engineering teams to help create high quality requirements, specs & design documents.
- Work directly with customers to improve existing or upcoming Photoshop features.
- Work in an agile development environment, coordinating with other internal and external teams to help ensure proper workflows throughout the entire app experience.
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor's Degree in Imaging Science or Computer Science required
· Minimum of 3+ years QE industry experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of QE methodology, processes and tools.
· Experience with Photoshop, or other image editing software
· Knowledge of creative image compositing, photography, or color management highly desirable.
· Ability to critique image quality and be attentive to details
· Solid understanding of core parts of Photoshop (Layers, File Formats, Image Editing, Workflows)
· Some knowledge of Machine Learning a plus.
· Creative problem solving and debugging skills, independent thinking, multitasking and great communication skills.
· Self-starter with good time-management skills, proactive and flexible to move between tasks.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top