Project Manager (24 Month FTC)
- Dusseldorf, Germany
You expand the project management team by leading and managing the delivery of Adobe Consulting engagements within the EMEA Central region both internally and externally (with customers and partners), with a range of multiple engagements of different sizes and various Adobe technologies, and in parallel, if necessary. The project success criteria are defined by customer satisfaction, generating customer references, project revenue and margin, harvesting of assets and insights, celebrating the project's success as basis for future engagements, as well as reliable reporting and operation both internal and external.
Outcomes and Key Activities
- Successfully take over the lead of multiple Adobe consulting projects (new or existing, different sizes and Adobe technology)
- Pre-Sales: successfully take ownership of the project management aspects in a new service engagement opportunity
- Successfully deliver of at least three projects during the first year, meeting or exceeding the success criteria
- Multi-Solution - Be proficient in the concepts and key architectural and functional aspects of the Adobe Experience Cloud solutions after 6 months
- Accountability - Stable and reliable reporting and operation both within Adobe and external for the consulting engagements
- Network - Establish internal network within Adobe, and role as trusted advisor for customers
What you'll do
- Actively research customer needs and exercise appropriate creativity in recommending new solutions, based on the Adobe's Digital Marketing platform to fulfill those needs
- Clearly understand and document customer requirements and integration points
- Support project estimation process with key contributors to help define scope and prepare statements of work, including tasks, deliverables, achievements, resources, and estimated costs
- Run all day-to-day administrative activities of a given project from inception to closure such as reviewing timesheets, analyze plan versus actual figures, handling monthly/quarterly financial closing and invoicing
- Maintain regular communication with both the customer and internal teams, and constantly handle customer expectations (also in critical situations or throughout customer concerns)
- Achieve customer satisfaction through successful deployments of new solutions
- Compile customer requests and deployment issues, to provide a feedback channel into our core products.
- Work with third-party subcontractors and technology partners as required
- Act as the central point of contact throughout the entire lifecycle, bring together and communicate experiences in formal post-mortem, developing lessons learned, standard methodologies and resources back into the consulting practice
- Lead weekly resource planning and financial forecast updates
What you need to succeed
- Technical degree in a professional services' related field as well as working experience consulting environment of an enterprise software company or consultancy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (German and English fluency)
- Knowledge of online or offline direct marketing functions is an asset, though not required. You will be comfortable responding to the varying demands of working for a dynamic, international company
- You are an ambitious individual, with well-developed interpersonal & communication skills and a strong desire to succeed
- You are able to motivate other project team members, even under high pressure
- Proven successful project management experience, preferably delivering large enterprise-based applications and solutions
- You are a creative thinker
- You pay high attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Excellent analytical skills, with a proven ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Superb organisational skills to be able to oversee complicated projects.
- Extraordinary team building and team management skills, with confirmed experience handling virtual (including near- and off-shore) teams in an international environment
- Confirmed technical ability to understand the impact of technical changes, and to articulate high-level technical solutions to address business problems
- Deep Understanding of custom software development processes
- Deep understanding of one of the following: Web Content management solutions and processes, Online Analytics solutions, Digital Marketing Campaign solutions
- Willingness to travel within Germany (approx. 40-60%) and on occasional basis to Europe/Overseas
- Agile/SCRUM and/or PMI Certification and demonstrated project management best practices
- Experience with crafting proposals and presenting offers in response to RFPs and/or RFIs
- Prior experience in traditional business consulting would be an asset
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top