Principal Software Engineer
The Creative Cloud platform team partners with Creative Cloud applications to provide application users with the appropriate help and support in their learning journey of our feature-rich applications. From assessing users' experience level, through offering the most relevant tutorials or guiding the user in performing specific tasks based on user intent, we use a variety of technologies to help increase customer success.
The team builds user experiences, services, applications and tools, as well as Machine Learning solutions to accomplish these results. Come join us and work on the Creative Cloud platform Engineering team to build web applications, services and tools to support our Creative Cloud Product workflows.
What you will do:
- Provides technical leadership at architect level that is material to the success of the overall company by leading the strategy of a single key product, by providing technical leadership across multiple teams and/or leads technical architecture right from design through implementation for large-scale, complex & multi-functional projects
- Ability to gather requirements and specifications from multiple partners and create an architecture to deliver the vision.
- Ability to identify, build and use Adobe's machine learning portfolio
- Mentors & coaches' other technical contributors & aspiring principal scientists
- Makes broad consumption of strategic concepts possible by distilling complex topics into a form that can be more readily shared with junior engineers
- Responsible for the design, research, and/or development of current or future products and technologies
- Drives the vision for systems and structures across teams needed to support growing business
- Provides thought Leadership in inventing the future to deliver exceptional customer experiences and in setting course for Adobe's technology roadmap
What you need to succeed:
- Fifteen years of experience as a software engineer and an advanced degree in a related field
- Familiarity with common environments and tools e.g., AWS or Azure, git, grunt/webpack, npm, Karma, Jasmine, Jest
- Experience working on large codebases
- Prior working experience in C++
- Passion for collaborating with multiple engineering teams that are clients using your software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in a related field
Phenomenal to have:
- Professional experience developing applications on multiple platforms is a plus (e.g. Web, desktop & mobile)
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top