Principal Scientist, Head of Lab Maryland
- Flexible / Remote
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day-and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We're a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that's why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you're passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
Documents have been integral part of our day-to-day business for centuries. Today's enterprises use documents to drive all essential and business critical processes and functions. Adobe PDF was, and to a large extent, still is the primary digital format for reliably sharing and distributing documents. During the last two decades of PDF's dominance, the world around us has changed. World Wide Web and the mobile devices have transformed the lives of all. While PDF is still the dominant document format, if we were asked to design today a document sharing format for the next two decades, it probably will be more interactive, more mobile friendly and better integrated with the today's modes of information sharing infrastructure. In an enterprise, instead of document being a vital artifact, it would be a crucial means/mechanism to drive the business processes. The challenge we have is to invent, design and productize that document of the future.
What you'll do
Through Document Intelligence Lab we would like to influence the world in a fundamental way through documents and experiences associated with documents. Artificial Intelligence is currently shaping both short term and long term narratives of various aspects of our lives. Our site at College Park, Maryland is part of the Document Intelligence Lab and is our anchor in DC metropolitan area to attract key talents through positive relationships with premier academic institutions. The leader of the College Park site is expected to expand, nurture and motivate researchers to invent the documents of the future and influence Adobe's document business direction towards that future. This site leader is also expected to develop a research vision and growth plan by forming strong ties with top universities in the region, and build a provide thought leadership both internally and externally.
What you need to succeed
- A tried and true Research and Development leader with strong publication records in natural language understanding, computational linguistics and machine learning
- A though-leader with extensive experiences in academic or industrial research environments.
- Extraordinary leader who can see around corners and a great influencer by delivering ground-breaking ideas and technologies
- A thoughtful mentor and role model to attract and lead a high performance team
- An agent of change with the ability to lead evolutionary transformations
- Forward-thinking: Envisions short and long term opportunities in identifying key talents and research opportunities that aligned with Adobe business needs. Responds energetically to changing trends and new technologies, and creates plans to capitalize on them. Takes appropriate business risks. Makes intelligent decisions that balance a variety of factors (costs, competitive threats, etc.).
- Inspiring Leader: Is seen as a specialist across the organization and throughout the industry. Promotes new ways of thinking. Highly influential. Is well-received and respected by executives, develop teams, cross-functional groups, customers and partners.
- Authentic Leader: Builds great teams around a focused mission. Translates overarching business goals into specific objectives for each member of the team. Able to collaborate, mobilize and engage multiple partner groups at different levels.
Making our technology accessible to all
We believe everyone should have equal access to technology and its benefits. To help achieve this, Adobe is focused on making software more accessible for everyone. When we hire for engineering, development and design roles, we look for the following accessibility skills:
- Base knowledge of the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.0.
- Exposure to current tools used by people with disabilities (screen readers and other assistive technologies).
- Experience with accessibility evaluation and repair software.
- Understanding of input and output modalities.
- Familiarity with compliance requirements - state, Federal, international.
Back to top