Principal Architect, Search and Discovery
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
Search, and information retrieval, is a critical part of Adobe's Cloud offering. Adobe Clouds are brimming with billions of pieces of rich content and ever-growing daily. The kind of content ranges from images, photos, vectors, brushes, videos, composites, documents, 3D assets, etc., Creative professionals and novice users alike need quick access to their digital assets, libraries, creative content, and documents they work with every day. They need to find and discover what they've created, the things that have been shared with them and even search marketplaces such as Adobe Stock and the Behance community platform. Enterprises who use Adobe Experience Cloud to power their digital experiences want their customers to find and discover the right content and in their digital ecosystem.
We are building a new search platform that powers our Adobe product lines such as Adobe's Creative Cloud, Experience Cloud, and Document Cloud. The Search platform will cater to millions of users and billions of entities. Isn't it exciting? Become part of this growing team at Adobe and have a phenomenal impact by providing search, browse, machine learning and recommendation features across products and services at Adobe. Search is at the very core of the service offered to our customers, with 25+ languages covered, and millions of users touched every day. The objective is to make search a world-class, leading-edge, differentiating experience. We match the pace, innovation, and excitement of a startup, backed by the resources and infrastructure of Adobe!
How can you participate? We're looking for a top-notch technical leader in building search as the core tenet in the Adobe Clouds. Technical leadership entails influencing search indexing, search algorithms, relevance and ranking, visual search, data mining, machine learning, data analysis and metrics, query processing, multi-lingual search, search UX, and overall Adobe Cloud ecosystem. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact in a fast-paced, startup-like environment in great company. Join us!
What you'll do
- Lead the technical direction, architecture, and execution of search platform including web services, search indexing, data mining, big data, retrieval algorithms, relevance, deep learning, visual search, deep learning, recommendations, and more.
- Engage and collaborate with key engineering and business leaders across Adobe, create and influence vision for Search, and influence key stakeholders across the organization.
- Deliver on the mission to provide search and discovery of any content in Adobe Clouds--Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
- Drive and scale the Search platform for 10x growth in the next few years.
- Help build on a search and discovery vision of Adobe Clouds.
What you need to succeed
- MS in Computer Science
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in the industry
- Experience in building search/recommendation systems at internet scale
- Experience defining vision, strategy, and execution of roadmaps
- Experience in developing SaaS-based software
- Experience with search engine technology, image search, and inverted indexes
- Experience with Elasticsearch and/or SolR and AWS
- Experience with deep learning and embeddings
- Experience with Java and Python.
- Experience in big data processing, Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience in building distributed systems and indexing pipeline.
- Experience in web services and REST APIs.
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
The Cloud Technology group builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer-facing web apps, scalability, artificial intelligence and machine learning, infrastructure management, and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top