Photoshop Applied Research Scientist
- San Jose, CA
The Applied Research and Technology team for Photoshop and Digital Imaging is looking for a passionate applied research engineer to do research and development on building imaging and photography experiences that delight customers. This individual will work with a very multifaceted customer-focused engineering team and will be responsible for productizing research ideas. The successful candidate will help define and build "Adobe magic" in digital imaging applications for multiple platforms.
What you will do
- Research and develop deep learning models to tackle computer vision and imaging processing problems. Provide real-world imaging solutions from state-of-the-art research and drive efforts to productize the solutions.
- Build complete pipelines combining traditional computer vision algorithms and techniques with machine learning models to address a wide range of use cases and customer needs.
- Collaborate with researchers, team members, UI designers, product managers, quality engineers and customers to convert research projects into polished features with phenomenal user experiences
- Develop end-to-end solutions from back-end algorithms to front-end user experience
- Come up with new and innovative ideas to implement new imaging features that will work well across desktop, mobile and cloud environments.
- Maintain, evolve and improve existing features in a large, complex codebase
- Identify mature research ideas and prototype for proof of concept.
- Write design and architectural specs.
- Participate in formal and informal code and design reviews.
- Serve as a customer advocate, champion quality.
- Bring energy, flexibility, focus and perfection to all projects and assignments.
- Take initiative, seek new challenges and acquire necessary knowledge and skills to get the job done.
What you need to succeed
- PhD in Computer Science or related field, with computer vision or machine learning emphasis preferable.
- 2+ years of software development experience with proven track record of designing, implementing and delivering high quality software.
- Good blend of research and engineering skills to solve complex problems for shippable solutions.
- Experience with deep learning technologies and frameworks required.
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, object-oriented programming, design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Ability to write efficient, clean and reusable code in Python and C++.
- Computer vision and image-processing knowledge and experience preferred
- Working knowledge and experience developing for multiple platforms including desktop, iOS and Android preferred.
- Dedication to excellent coding practices.
- Outstanding problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Accustomed to working with large and complex software systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for building high quality applications users love.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top