Manager, Solutions Consultant
Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a leader of a team of Solutions Consultants, who will be responsible for managing a high quality, customer-focused pre-sales team that provides high level technical consulting support and guidance to Marketo's sales teams and prospects recommending and developing appropriate customer solution offerings.
This role sits remotely and reports to the GVP, Solutions Consulting.
What will you do?
- Build and coach high performing teams.
- Develop and execute pre-sales selling strategies and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Serve as thought leader and company subject matter expert on specific technical projects with customers.
- Coordinate with account management resources to make customer calls and presentations as well as participate in bid and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary.
- Monitor utilization, activities, and expenses on the Solutions Consulting team to cultivate personal development and proper activity engagement.
- Be the technical voice of sales to sales management, product management, support and engineering.
- Prioritize SC resources based on broader team/company goals.
- Drive customer success, sales methodology and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement.
- Ensure successful delivery of technical proofs including POCs and guided evaluations.
Is this you?
- 5+ years experience managing Solutions Consulting teams, ideally in a digital marketing environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers.
- Excellent relationship building, leadership, and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audience.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic, conceptual and consultative selling.
- Excellent coordination, organization, team building and communication abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency; is creative, disciplined, passionate and an out-of-the-box thinker.
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top