Manager, Legal Counsel
- San Jose, CA
Join the team of attorneys and paralegals who provide legal counsel to the product teams at Adobe that develop the coolest products and services. Our creative professional customers love our products and use them to make the most awesome and inspiring photos, art, videos and marketing pieces. Adobe is seeking a hardworking and ambitious lawyer to support the some of our Creative Cloud digital media products. This position will work closely with product development, engineering, business strategy and marketing teams, as well as subject matter experts in Legal to provide counseling on a wide range of legal topics and to advance their business objectives while managing legal risk to Adobe. This full-time position will report to the Associate General Counsel.
- Review the development of Adobe's digital media products and initiatives to assess legal compliance and provide practical advice.
- Draft and negotiate all types of technology licensing agreements, both in-bound and out-bound product and technology licenses.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts in Adobe Legal, including patent, privacy, antitrust, and sales attorneys.
- Support and build positive relationships with Adobe's product development teams and advise multiple levels of management on legal issues.
- You develop and deliver materials and trainings to various internal groups, including engineering, program management, and sales-legal.
- Manage one or more paralegals, coach them in skills development.
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience, with software and online services industry experience.
- You have expertise in privacy and data security issues and compliance is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with photo imaging products and services, mobile app development strongly preferred.
- Technical background or a geek-level interest in software products and development preferred.
- Candidate must possess a sense of humor and enjoy working on a team and with people at all levels in the organization.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have a commitment to providing clients with high quality and timely legal advice, and be flexible to take on different types of products and services and related work.
- You're able to exercise common sense to provide both practical and theoretical advice; must be a creative problem solver and have good business instincts.
- Desire to make an impact and build a rewarding career with our Legal team.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top