Manager, Corporate Development, M&A and Investments
- San Francisco, CA
Position: Manager, Corporate Development
Hiring Manager: Bryan Vaniman, VP Corporate Development
Business Unit: Corporate Development
Location: Bay Area
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone- from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver extraordinary digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating extraordinary employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Adobe Corporate Development team is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A and investment opportunities. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with Adobe's senior executives and business unit leaders on Adobe's inorganic growth strategy across our Digital Media and Digital Experience businesses. You will develop investment themes on new markets, propose M&A/investment ideas, and work with product teams to evaluate potential targets. As a deal team member, you will help coordinate the M&A process, working closely with functional leaders across finance, legal, sales, tax, HR, and Integration to build financial/valuation models, drive due diligence, develop post-acquisition KPIs, and help define a robust integration/operating plan. This position provides unparalleled senior executive exposure and is often the avenue to unique operational and general management roles throughout the company.
What you'll do
- Partner with business leaders on strategy development, including identifying product gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, and collaborating on target selection criteria
- Identify new opportunities to accelerate our core businesses, while also driving evaluation of future growth opportunities for Adobe overall
- Research new markets, identify key trends, and translate data into actionable insights;
- Develop pipeline of prospective targets and be an Adobe brand ambassador to external partners
- Partner with key business unit partners to evaluate opportunities and drive to informed decisions
- Support M&A and investment opportunities through negotiation, execution, and due diligence, including financial modeling and valuation
- Guide and support post-acquisition integration efforts in partnership with our Integration team
- Develop network of industry contacts, venture capital firms, and investment banking/advisory executives to bring knowledge of market trends and opportunities to bear on strategic discussions
- Demonstrated track record of helping drive a broad range of M&A deal types
- Passion for and deep understanding of the digital/consumer internet and SaaS landscapes, including knowledge of industry trends, metrics, and key players
- Experience in a mix of investment banking, private equity/venture capital, and/or corporate development, with ability to demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking
- Strong analytical skills with extensive valuation/financial modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong self-starter; ability to champion opportunities and drive to decisions
- Top-tier academic background; MBA highly desired
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top