Linux Systems Engineer
As one of the key system engineers, you will be the technical bridge between Product Engineering and Production Operations. You are critical to Marketo at Adobe's mission to build secure, efficient, robust, scalable, and highly-available solutions. You will help Marketo transform as we integrate with the greater Adobe Platform.
- Design large-scale distributed systems and services
- Develop and maintain system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications
- Work closely with Engineering and Production Leaders to ensure that architecture moves smoothly from concept to production environments that have 100% uptime requirements
- Document and create Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform hands-on analysis of the production systems, fault resolution, growth issues, and root cause analysis for critical issues
- Build tools to automate processes and operate production systems
- Strong Linux experience in maintaining, solving problems, and performing performance analysis/tuning
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one programming language (Python or Ruby)
- Experience in configuration management technologies (Puppet preferred)
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, equipment, protocols, etc. (firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, etc.)
- Experience operating highly-available, high-volume environments, ideally in a SaaS or commodity website environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL administration and scaling
- Familiarity with a Cloud Platform and associated technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts like containerization and virtualization
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top