Legal Counsel - Adobe Stock
- San Francisco, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft alluring and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe's Business Unit Legal Support Team is looking for a Legal Counsel to join the Adobe Stock Legal team. This legal team provides legal support to the Adobe Stock online service (ecommerce and enterprise model), assists the team in acquiring the millions of pieces of content, and helps with the integration of the product throughout Adobe's key services such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. The position will be based in our San Francisco or Seattle office.
What you'll do
- Be the primary legal contact for Adobe Stock (customer facing), including all product launches and the development of new outbound business models
- Partner closely with the business to identify and resolve issues relating to IP, privacy, on-line services, compliance with Adobe's policies and contracts
- Draft and negotiate outbound license agreements, commercial offerings, strategic development agreements and partner programs.
- Provide legal advice regarding intellectual property matters related to the acquisition and licensing of Adobe Stock content
- Develop and deliver job aids, procedural handbooks and training to various internal groups, including engineering, marketing, sales legal and product legal teams.
- Coordinate with subject matter authorities in Adobe's Legal Department, including marketing, litigation, privacy, product legal and sales attorneys.
- Support, collaborate and build positive relationships with business.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience, specifically in licensing software, online services, and digital content.
- Prior experience with content licensing and copyright law is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency at negotiating and drafting a variety of intellectual property agreements with minimal supervision, including outbound content licenses, API terms, development agreements and online services agreements.
- A commitment to develop a deep understanding of the Adobe Stock business.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to exercise common sense to provide both practical and theoretical legal advice in a timely manner; including being a creative problem solver with good business instincts.
- An approachable, practical and flexible manner with a sense of humor.
- The ability to handle multiple fast paced projects at the same time.
- Proven ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels in the organization and also able to self-start and work independently.
- Desire to build a rewarding career with Adobe.
- Must be eligible to obtain admission to bar of state of employment location.
Back to top