High Performance Computing Research Engineer
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe
The Creative Intelligence Lab within Adobe Research is looking for a research engineer with a specialization in programming languages and performance optimization to work with the domain-specific language Halide (https://halide-lang.org). Join our effort to help product teams throughout the company reap the benefits of Halide for image, video, and audio processing: high performance, cross-platform portability, and code maintainability.
As a research engineer in Adobe Research, you will work closely with scientists and engineers to explore state of the art technologies for productive high-performance programming, helping to integrate new research into Adobe's existing products and growing adoption of best practices in modern signal processing techniques. You will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with world-class scientists and engineers, within Adobe Research and across the company.
- Help craft, build, test, and deploy novel image and video processing algorithms.
- Have an impact on shipping applications with millions of users.
- Learn from your peers and grow into new opportunities.
- A passion for making code run fast.
- An interest in using experimental programming languages and novel tools.
- Experience optimizing code for modern CPU and GPU architectures by exploiting SIMD, multi-core parallelism, and the cache hierarchy.
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, and maintainable C++.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others on codebases with >100,000 lines of code.
Additional desired qualifications
- Familiarity with the Halide domain-specific language.
- Experience with domain-specific programming languages and compilation.
- Knowledge of mobile computing as well as desktop computing.
- Knowledge of signal processing algorithms for images or video.
- Knowledge of deep learning methods for processing images or video.
- Ability to read assembly and identify potential performance problems.
- Experience with performance profiling tools.
- Experience transferring new research into shipping products.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top