Hadoop Platform Administrator
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
What you will do
Data has become a strategic asset of the organization fueling all aspects of business decision making. Real-time personalized customer experiences are driving the future of Adobe's business. This position will be a key role within the DAP - Data Architecture and Platform team to provide the data and insight needed to realize business objectives. You will be a solid contributor who provides the support in data modeling, data engineering and building data assets and applications. YOu may provide technical direction and system architecture advice for individual initiatives.
- BS technical degree
- Demonstrable experience developing and contributing to distributed compute frameworks: Hadoop, Spark
- Experience and insight into designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable infrastructure services
- Experience in administering highly available Hadoop clusters using the Cloudera Hadoop distribution.
- Experience in stream data processing and real-time analytics
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Administration and Engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of capacity planning, management, and troubleshooting for HDFS, YARN/MapReduce, and HBase.
- Must have experience with monitoring tools used in the Hadoop ecosystem: Nagios, Cloudera Manager, Ambari
- Sound knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting
- Strong background in Systems-level Java essential - garbage collection internals, Concurrency models, Native & Async IO, Off-heap memory management, etc.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top