Group Manager, Insights to Action
June 12, 2019
Group Manager, Insights to Action
The Experience Insights & Operations (EIO) team is central to Adobe's goal of enabling customers to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences in the Cloud. The Group Manager, Insights to Action is responsible for the team that leads our efforts to focus cross-functional stakeholders on customer insights, and drive action that results in significant experiential improvement for Creative Cloud customers, at scale.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Media Customer Experience Insights & Operations, this role will work closely with the extended Customer Experience team, customer support, product teams and engineering to improve customer experience through meaningful data conversations between teams, as well as growing an established methodology of insights to action.
Creating strong partnerships, this role will manage a talented team of data analysts and advocates. Together, the team will deliver exceptional reporting, storyboards and data views to evangelize customer-focused solutions.
This unique leader will also work to build our understanding of experiential levers, and play a critical role in translating knowledge into an actionable roadmap of initiatives and next steps to measurably improve the customer journey. Included in this role is the aggregation, reporting, and status of customer top issues, as defined by this leader and their direct team.
The Group Manager, Insights to Action will regularly provide company leaders with a view into the health of customer experience by driving dashboards, reporting views and insight sessions. This critical role will be a champion for customer experience and raise awareness of experience opportunities via rigorous data conversations, evangelism and regular stakeholder meetings.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in delivering broad customer improvements in an Enterprise SaaS company, with concrete knowledge of approaches and techniques that result in customer success. Central to this role will be the ability to look across the industry and make experience-driven recommendations based on customer trends in the Digital Media space, and minimum viable experience.
• Manage a group of talented customer data analysts and advocates
• Lead customer experience insights-to-action work across a wide range of teams
• Partner with Product Managers, Design, Engineering, Support and other business stakeholders on driving insights to action
• Produce summary views of critical issues and inhibitors in executive-level dashboards and reports; develop expertise on top issue/experience progress
• Advocate and champion customer needs with Digital Media teams
• Showcase opportunities and pain points through deep-dive storyboards
• Document measurable impact of changes, and build success stories to share; consolidate best practices to share across product teams
• Cultivate deep expertise on customer pain points; align closely with support/engineering leads and regularly communicate improvements
• Proven customer advocacy leader with a passion for customer success
• Strong degree of comfort presenting to and working with executives and their teams
• Ability to network and focus attention around customer experience goals
• 10+ years management experience, ability to grow and cultivate a strong team culture
• Equally comfortable leading program management and data/analytics efforts; fluency with data analysis, customer research, and performance measurement
• Proven track record of success in surfacing and addressing customer issues across the product lifecycle
• Experience collecting, synthesizing and prioritizing product and service input from multiple sources and functions (customers, industry practices, sales, account managers, quality teams, partners, engineering, management, etc.)
• Had led the proactive development of new metrics to better articulate customer experience, sentiment, or risk
• Effective storyteller with ability to pivot toward multiple business interests and priorities
• Ability to be both detail-oriented and see the big picture (strategic focus)
• Deep understanding of Adobe products a plus
• Business Acumen: Strong business, strategic and technical acumen. Visionary and detailoriented.
• Driving Results: Sets aggressive goals and realistic timelines. Pursues long term objectives relentlessly. S/he sees the opportunity and creates a plan to seize it.
• Influential: Proven ability to work with, influence and lead efforts across the company and at multiple levels.
• Strong Communicator: S/he is highly articulate and creates a business case in a compelling manner. S/he communicates passion, energy and excitement.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top