Government Relations Associate
- McLean, VA
The Adobe Government Relations and Public Policy group is looking for a new team member to join them in a very dynamic and enjoyable work environment working on federal digital government, procurement and technology policy issues. A successful candidate will have knowledge of the federal government appropriations, budgeting and technology procurement policy processes. Also, this candidate will possess excellent communications and writing ability, high energy level, and have an interest in the technology policy and digital government technology market.
If you are passionate about government and the positive influence government and innovation can have on society, enjoy being a part of a team working to improve government services and citizen engagement, this may be the opportunity for you. If you derive job happiness from helping others achieve their goals, building an extensive network of relationships inside the executive and legislative branch, advocating for a cause, and building consensus with other like-minded organizations, this position may be for you. The position reports to the Director of U.S. Federal Government Relations, in Adobe's McLean, VA and Washington, DC offices.
- Lead Government Relations daily involvement with Adobe's federal digital government and procurement policy and sales support activities.
- Lead Adobe's development, coordination, and implementation of a successful government relations sales support engagement strategy, through running training and leading the internal Government Relations Sales Support website.
- Assist with driving successful results and maintaining high levels of internal and external customer happiness.
- Assist Adobe's Public Sector Sales Team in all aspects of the sales process: opportunity qualification, budget and funding, opportunity development, proposal, RFP response, approvals, closure, solution deployment, post-sales care.
- Attend and track congressional hearings, government-industry events and trade association meetings and report back on key findings.
- Coordinate and host public policy and government leaders to Adobe offices to help Adobe and its employees stay engaged on current government and civic issues.
- Coordinate briefings between government executives and Adobe leaders.
- Assist with developing relationships with digital government policy specialists, internal public-sector sales teams, trade association procurement policy staff, and customer decision-makers.
- Assist with producing blogs and social media posts to advance our digital government message and strategy.
- Assist in advocating for procurement and digital government policy changes that improve the process and the digital service delivery provided by government.
- If approved by Adobe's Board, research and establish Adobe's PAC and drive implementation, engagement, contribution and ongoing support.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with legislative policy and appropriations process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both written and oral.
- Proficient in developing MS PowerPoint presentations and working with MS Excel/Word and Adobe Acrobat to lead team tasks and policy one pagers.
- Interest in evangelizing federal digital government and procurement policy issues.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and creatively.
- Strong self-starter who is a phenomenal teammate and excels developing and executing their own work plan.
- Ability to take complicated technical concepts and translate in a compelling and succinct manner on paper and in-person.
- Knowledge of federal government agencies' structure and functions.
- Willingness to engage with many internal and external partners daily.
- Must be willing to register as a Federal Lobbyist.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Passionate about government service and the role of government in society.
- Strong desire for success
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top