Full-Stack Software Engineer - AEM Sites
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft breathtaking and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
We are committed to building the outstanding digital experience our customers expect when utilizing the Adobe Experience Manager platform. The Sites team at our Adobe office in Basel is hiring an engineering talent to support and extend our development team. Web technologies are our bread and butter to deliver a product recognized as a market leader for the last 7 years!
Your work will affect millions of users, for example when they're able to experience the web seamlessly across devices. Your research and contributions will improve the performance, influence the level of engagement, and the quality of holistic user experience. We work in small cross-functional teams. As a global player, Adobe provides opportunities to work and collaborate across locations and cultures in a diverse workplace and within a highly involved community.
Are you familiar with network protocols, web services, standard API's, or modern JS SPA frameworks, web and micro-frontend components to build and integrate Mobile and Web experience? If you want to take the opportunity to utilize your strong analytic skills, as well as your ability to implement detail oriented pixel-perfect designs, we would love to hear from you.
We use Agile software development methodologies and work in a genuine, team focused environment with Experience Designers, Quality engineers, Software Engineers, Software Architects, Product Owners, and our customers. We thrive to build new, engaging, compelling, user-friendly, touch-first, interactive experiences tailored to serve our customers in the evolving enterprise market.
- Lead and mentor teammates.
- Drive the development of features and prototypes.
- Publicly represent the team and the product. Attend and present the latest features in conferences.
- Actively contribute to the establishment and enforcement of development and collaborative conventions.
- Actively chip in to the continuous improvement and the automation of the delivery of features.
- Actively participate in refining user-stories, requirements and specifications.
- Based on the agreed requirements, use your expertise and experience to identify resilient and scalable architectures.
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback to team members on coding techniques and respond constructively to feedback from reviewers.
- Mentor younger developers, organize and host technical sessions.
- Fix issues reported by customers, identify refactoring opportunities, and improve the performance of the application.
- BS in Computer Science and experience in the field.
- Knowledge of and proper experience with both front-end and back-end languages (Java or equivalent).
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug browsers.
- Attention to detail. Based on provided specifications, ability to implement highly performant and pixel-perfect User-Interfaces.
- Demonstrates considerations for quality and security.
- Ability to consume, design, and implement RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable building software as a member of a distributed development team.
- Experience in modern development methodologies (Lean or Agile).
- Experience with concepts such as Progressive Web App, responsiveness and progressive enhancement.
- Previous experiences with DevOps practices.
- Results and quality oriented.
- Effective communicator with an open-minded attitude. Ability to communicate with a community of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Innovative and autonomous.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Possesses a team spirit. We succeed when the team succeed.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top