Experience Designer, Adobe Illustrator
- San Francisco, CA
Adobe Design is seeking a strong designer to join the Adobe Illustrator design team in our beautiful office in San Francisco's SOMA district.
Our design team is responsible for the product design of Adobe Illustrator and the growing ecosystem of Illustrator applications. We work closely with business, marketing, engineering, and research to deeply understand customer needs and deliver the industry standard in vector tools.
From the small details to big-picture feature concepts and long-term strategy, our work is put to the test by millions of customers across a variety of fields and experience levels every single day. This is your chance to define creative tools for creative people, just like you.
We're seeking an experienced product designer who thinks holistically and uses modern tools to evaluate concepts quickly. One who favors interactive prototypes over flat mockups, and is willing to engage in both exploration of concepts and refinement of details. One with an inquisitive personality and the dream to explore patterns that scale across input modalities from mouse, pen, keyboard, touch and beyond.
What you'll be working on
In this role, you will:
- Design and build the future of Adobe Illustrator alongside other designers, prototypers, engineers and product managers.
- Quickly visualize and prototype ideas to communicate concepts while using (and extending) a design system.
- Invent new features and evolve workflows to enhance the creative experience.
- Present design ideas to multiple stakeholders and clearly articulate rationale, logic and research as supporting evidence for well thought through decisions.
- Observe user testing sessions with researchers, contributing to the research plan and objectives.
- Collaborate with a very communicative & healthy product development family whose diversity of thought brings breadth to our ideas and clarity to our refinement.
- Participate in peer design critiques to give and receive feedback.
- Work globally with other Adobe offices and staff to deliver a world-class product.
What you'll bring to the team
- College degree, preferably in design with an emphasis on graphic design, HCI, or related design field.
- 2+ years of experience working in the industry.
- Experience working in teams with many moving parts.
- Awareness of how visual design languages and UI frameworks affect the design process.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, , Photoshop, InDesign and other design tools such as Sketch, Figma, etc.
- An eye for detail and a voracious appetite for understanding and deconstructing complicated systems.
- Strong motion & prototyping abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to meet regularly with teams in other timezones.
- Desire to be part of a fun, tight-knit team.
- Love for all things design.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role you must submit a resume and online portfolio with examples of process and evolution of work.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world's ability to create and communicate. We're a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines, Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud, and our own Spectrum Design System.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top