Enterprise Cloud Architect
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
Cloud computing is a key part of Adobe's growth strategy. As a result, we are searching for an exceptional candidate to help define and drive the architectural approach for cloud technology exploitation at one of the most innovative companies in the tech industry. The Cloud Architect will support the Director of Enterprise Architecture, developing the infrastructure, tooling and implementation patterns required to deliver a highly available, resilient, and performant business platform. The resulting architecture will provide the adaptability to meet the needs of multi-vendor system and deployment models, that are required to extend Adobe's business capabilities and customers' success.
As a member of the Enterprise Cloud Architect team, the Cloud Architect will partner with Cloud Technology (CT) and business teams to understand business needs & strategies, our current technology landscape to deliver and oversee the adoption of cloud architecture standards, patterns & practices to optimize and accelerate cloud-based solution delivery. This position requires a deep background in enterprise architecture, cloud technologies, hands-on implementation experience, and a track record of successful stakeholder influence. Experience in a broad set of technologies is important, including SaaS, on premise and enterprise applications.
If you're excited about solving hard problems and working with a team dedicated to craftsmanship in their software, we'd be excited for you to join our team.
What you'll do
- Partner with the Cloud Tech architecture, engineering and development teams to develop and execute cloud adoption strategies:
- Understand business challenges and architecture pain points the current mix of legacy, cloud-enabled and cloud-native systems.
- Evaluate the current organization's ability to successfully deliver and operate cloud solutions.
- Develop a playbook of architecture standards, patterns and reference implementations to support cloud-enabled and cloud-native solution delivery.
- Work with tool and infrastructure engineers, delivering development tools and hosting automation to increase DevOps team velocity.
- Develop training and mentoring programs supporting teams new to cloud technologies.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to determine the appropriate cloud architecture patterns for the business requirements, current technology migration, development and organization readiness.
- Participate in the architecture governance process, ensuring proper cloud-like architecture adoption.
- Develop a playbook of architecture patterns to accelerate the integration of processes, information and technology.
- Ensure cloud solutions exploit the appropriate on-prem and public cloud provider capabilities, optimizing for performance, quality, extensibility, resiliency and observability.
- Reduce complexity and unnecessary duplication across our internal systems, applications and tools. Leverage CT project activities to rationalize capabilities across Adobe, driving to a best of breed portfolio. Perform technology evaluations and POCs to provide recommendations by synthesizing conclusions and comparison of various technology solutions.
- Partner with Program Management Office and Vendor Management Office to forecast Cloud impacts on budgets, resources and contracts,
- Lead technical workshops, decision meetings, collaborative sessions, and deliver executive briefings related to a wide range of technical EA topics
- Author technical documents, briefing documents and white papers to showcase Adobe's brand
What you need to succeed
- 10+ years of overall technology experience with an emphasis on internally used applications and solutions
- 5+ years of Architecting cloud technology
- Thorough understanding of Architecture processes/models with emphasis on technology strategy and adoption
- Thorough understanding of mainstream and emerging technology standards and advancements with solid application architecture and implementation background
- Proficient at synthesizing diverse and complex needs, communicating them simply to all levels of the organization
- Experience in:
- Technology evaluation and solution prototyping
- End-to-end SaaS and enterprise technology platform implementations
- Integration platforms (Snaplogic, Tumbleweed, Layer 7, similar)
- Agile solution development and other SLC/SDLC lifecycles - end-to-end
- Product/service advocacy, evangelism and management
- Technology platform: SAP (Financials, CRM, ECC and CI) and SFDC, Other SaaS and ERP systems helpful
- TOGAF, Zachman, Agile Architecture, or other similar approach; certification a plus
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top