Engineering Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
…take pride in overseeing the successful execution of significant technical undertakings?
…think that automation is a key component to operating a large-scale system?
…enjoy problem solving from the network, infrastructure all the way through the application stack?
…want to work on services that impacts millions of users and handles thousands of transactions per second?
As an Engineering Manager at Adobe, you will lead a team of individuals and will be responsible for services globally. You'll provide technical leadership to key projects and also empower and develop teams to do the same. You will advocate and act as a subject matter expert for Adobe infrastructure and reliability within your service area.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Much of our software development focuses on designing reliability functionality, optimizing existing services, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and day-to-day work.
- Develop tight relationships with multiple software development partners, ensuring that product needs are met from an SRE perspective.
- Lead a team of Software and Systems Engineers and be directly responsible for uptime/reliability.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution.
- Willingness to contribute to the overall SRE direction and act as a key contributor at the senior level.
- Management experience leading a Production Engineering or Site Reliability team for multiple years.
- Ability to instill a customer focused mindset to the engineering organization, making sure we are understanding of customers, reliability, and validating hypotheses before building.
- Solid understanding of systems and services design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Hands on experience in building fault-tolerant and scalable systems.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top