Engineering Manager, Payments Platform
Adobe has successfully transformed from a traditional desktop software vendor to software as a service provider. The Creative Cloud and Document Cloud are great demonstrations of this transformation, and of our vision for how we can continue to provide even more delight to our customers. As our product and service offerings have evolved and expanded, we have also needed to transform the payments infrastructure, so we can expand Adobe's reach in new markets and offer more payment choices to our customers.
We are looking for a seasoned, passionate, and hands-on engineering manager to lead and grow a team of talented and high-impact engineers in the delivery of next-generation web-based experiences (user interfaces and supporting services) for payments, covering a wide variety of products, and geographies, for Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and a host of other Adobe products and services.
In this role, you will:
• Lead and manage a team of engineers through the research, technical design, implementation, testing, and deployment of payments-related web applications and supporting services.
• Deliver scalable, secure, resilient, high-availability applications and services running on robust deployment architectures with comprehensive health monitoring/alerting.
• Maintain effective communication and collaboration with partner teams, both local and remote, in completing interdependent work items.
• Ensure adequate visibility of project/feature status to stakeholders.
• Manage individual performance, employing ongoing performance feedback and coaching.
• Work with each team member in identifying and making progress toward career development goals.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in software engineering, with a minimum of 3 years managing software engineering teams.
• Proven track record of successful execution of the full product/service development lifecycle from initial planning to first release and delivering on schedule.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and to maintain a high degree of technical involvement with your team and applications/services.
• Demonstrated success delivering large-scale, highly available web applications and services.
• Experienced at managing a team of full-stack engineers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Expertise in Java based REST apis.
• Experience with relational and NoSql databases.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top