Engineering Manager, Adobe After Effects
As a key member of the Adobe After Effects team, you will be heavily involved in helping to drive the development of the industry leading tool for digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing that is used in the post-production process for film making and television production.
Engineering Managers at Adobe handle both the people management aspects of running a development team as well as getting hands on in the software development of the product itself, leading the direction of both software development and quality engineering.
Being part of this successful and dynamic organization comes with great rewards and even greater challenges. We value highly creative and motivated leaders who are driven to express themselves by making tools that delight our customers.
What you'll do
- Become a leader in helping to drive our Agile Scrum development process, providing both guidance and hands on experience in shipping high quality product releases.
- Lead and provide insight to your team, providing both technical and career growth opportunities for a talented and diverse group of people.
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team and community.
- Help create and set the technical direction of various aspects of the product, including areas like the render pipeline, GPU effects, or underlying architectural changes needed to keep the product performant, stable, and world class.
- Collaborate with other internal Adobe teams, both within the Digital Video Applications group and elsewhere in the company.
What you need to succeed
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study, MS a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience developing large scale application on Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
- Strong software engineering skills especially utilizing C++.
- Mobile experience
- Understanding of video compositing software.
- Working knowledge of video editing tools a plus.
- Ability to lead a team using Agile methodologies and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations.
- Comfortable working with a very large codebase.
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top