Engagement & Retention Marketing Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
One of the most important aspects of Adobe's business is cultivating deep, meaningful and lasting relationships with our customers. In support of this, the engagement and retention of our customers has become the top strategic priority for the company. We're actively looking to expand the reach, impact & sophistication of our E&R (Engagement & Retention) marketing. Our goal is to use Marketing to both increase our CSAT (customer satisfaction) and Retention rates simultaneously.
Within our GMO (Global Marketing Organization) we're looking to have several "Marketing Decathletes" join our newly created E&R Campaign team. Like decathletes, these marketers are agile and multidisciplinary. They also constantly put themselves in our customers' shoes - to make sure that everything we do ultimately benefits them. In addition, we need marketers who are comfortable using data to drive most aspects of our campaign strategies and ongoing performance optimization - since Adobe applies the DDOM (Data Driven Operating Model) across the company.
As a recently created team, our plans are not set in stone, and there's always something new to discover and try. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves and get stuff done position that's perfect for someone with an entrepreneurial-spirit, who enjoys identifying and tackling new TBD opportunities to improve our customer's experience/retention.
As an Engagement & Retention Campaign Manager, you will drive the integrated planning and oversee the execution, reporting/analytics & ongoing optimization of your campaigns globally - with cross-functional support from within the GMO and beyond. Success in this role is tied directly to our ability to track/measure our impact and materially improve our customer retention rates.
What will you do?
- Build integrated marketing plans directly addressing key E&R business opportunities - for example: Reduce new customer cancels, Win-back lapsed SMB customers, etc.
- Contribute input (+ often slides/content) for broader Business Unit strategic plans
- Drive cross-functional (+ cross-organization) alignment on your strategic plans
- Use existing key customer insights and data (or partner with internal Insights/Analytics team to establish new insights) to create relevant and impactful messaging.
- Write creative briefs and kick-off initiatives with internal COE teams & either internal studio and/or external agency creative resources.
- Oversee integrated campaign executions (e.g. Targeting, Creative, Offers, Pricing, Tactics, etc.)- to ensure they're on strategy and meeting/exceeding forecasted objectives.
- Partner with cross functional and regional peers to scale campaigns globally and provide ongoing guidance & campaign kits to ensure consistency in execution and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a campaign measurement framework to ensure ongoing review and adjustment in alignment with marketing funnel critical metrics.
- Develop a bottoms-up forecasts and budget asks for your campaigns - as part of the larger Annual planning & quarterly re-forecasting.
- Drive regular campaign performance reporting & optimization
- Develop credibility and relationships with key internal partners.
- Understand the key performance indicators and metrics for each the multiple channels contributing to a plan and know when plans are under-performing; lead the virtual team in identifying areas of weakness in the plans in order to course-correct Provide thorough reporting on the results of the marketing plans to ensure transparency and enable action
- Understand and own the budget spend needed to deliver the marketing plan; find opportunities for greater efficiency and improvements in return on investment
What we are looking for:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: with ability to seek out and act upon new E&R opportunities
- Be a strategic thinker: drive and bring to bear qualitative and quantitative research & data analyses to define audience insights, develop strategies, etc.
- Be customer focused and driven: have a detailed understanding of our target customer and the journey they take from awareness to purchase
- Story-telling: know what it takes to bring a message strategy together in a way that tells a clear, engaging story around Adobe's value proposition
- Strong communication & attention to detail: ability to distill feedback and points of view from senior partners and prioritize accordingly.
- Proven influencing skills: ability to work with and influence team members from across the organization whose input is essential to success of the plan
- Robust analytical skills: the ability to digest large amounts of data, identify trends and pursue the right questions to take action
- Be a change agent: guiding teams forward in a rapidly evolving environment
- Fast-learner, with a positive attitude and willingness to try new things; forward-thinking and hardworking
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization and represent team with professionalism and self-sufficiency
- 8+ years of data driven marketing experience (in either a Corporate AND/OR Agency setting),
- Strong executional knowledge across a wide-variety of marketing tactics/channels (e.g. Email, Display, Paid Search, Web Pages, Direct Mail, Paid Social, etc.)
- Deep understanding of best-in-class E&R marketing efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new technologies, products, or systems quickly
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines with minimal oversight
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status! We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment! Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top