Ecommerce Software Support Engineer
Trusted by more than 260,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries.
In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. With over $50B in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform, Magento Commerce is the dominant provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, counting more than double the clients to the next closest competitor, and to the Internet Retailer Hot 100.
Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace.
Magento is looking for an eCommerce Software Support Engineer who has experience with an eCommerce Platform. The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with Magento SI Developers to do deep dive technical investigations of issues reported and bring about timely resolution pertaining to our Magento eCommerce software platform. The eCommerce Software Support Engineer will address incidents within predetermined service levels, requiring the ability to multi-task and prioritize. In addition, the Incumbent will carry out projects as assigned and work cross-functionally with other departments to enhance our product offering.
- Deep understanding of complete, modern hosting stacks including:
- Understanding of web technologies; Apache, NGINX, Redis, Memcached
- Knowing where most bottlenecks occur and reasons why they occur
- The relationship between the technologies (i.e. that a Redis error may not mean a problem with Redis)
- Can analyze/troubleshoot via logs and other sources of information to provide infrastructure and application teams a good starting point for deep reviews
- Experienced with using New Relic (to provide feedback to clients on areas of concern or address questions stemming from client interaction with New Relic)
- Relational database skills: Familiarity with MySQL and database queries (i.e. ability to assess issues with client queries such as too many, too inefficient or find basic problems with data integrity)
- Know various kinds programming/scripting: PHP, Node.js, Perl, Java and Python applications
- Experienced with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure (so that you can address basic client questions of about what they can and can't do on these services)
- Ability to use Git
- Understanding of SSL certificates and encryption
- Experience or familiarity with CDNs
- Knowledge of DNS
- Knowledge of Magento eCommerce, or any other eCommerce Platforms (Support, Site Development or QA role)
- Familiarity with using a ticketing and tech support platforms such as Zendesk, Freshdesk and Salesforce
- Any level of software QA experience or exposure
- Effectively and competently troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues
- Collaborate across teams to identify root cause for technical issues
- Collaborate and work closely with core engineering teams daily
- Think outside the box and be creative in coming up with resolutions
- Own and drive technical issues through to resolution
- Proficient with technical problem-solving methodologies
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details to all audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- On-call rotation and work off hours as required
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top