Director of Engineering, Digital Video & Audio
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We continue to invest strategically to enable the creation and delivery of exceptional digital experiences. It's an exciting time to be here - especially if you're an innovator and a leader.
Do you want to define the future of video and audio editing and motion graphics design? Do you thrive on solving hard problems at scale, building rich compelling applications, within a cloud-connected ecosystem, that work across the major platforms - Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, and the web? The Adobe Digital Video and Audio (DVA) division is looking for a senior engineering leader who thrives at the intersection of design and technology. The product and services built will innovate and revolutionize the world of video and motion graphics and set the gold standard for future products from Adobe, and the industry.
Working with the Senior Director of Engineering of the DVA division, you will own and lead significant parts of our application portfolio. You will lead a dynamic engineering team, responsible for continuous delivery across all relevant platforms. You will recruit, develop, grow, and lead a globally-dispersed engineering organization responsible for building and delivering our industry leading Video and Audio tools.
What You'll Do
- Develop long-term scalable architecture directions, with a focus on design, usability, and user experience.
- Establish processes and methods and ensure a high level of efficiency of the engineering organization.
- Ensure engineering excellence, born from dedication to velocity and frugality in all we do.
- Partner with Design, Product Management and Program Management, to set product and technology roadmaps
- Actively look for opportunities to grow and expand the business.
- Mentor and strengthen your team - investing deeply in growing senior leaders (Directors, senior ICs)
- Represent DVA and Adobe in front of high profile customers and company executives.
Who You Are
- Passionate about the Video and Audio editing space and a pro in organizational and process development.
- A Product leader and a technical leader. You know the right balance between leading by influence and leading by authority.
- You care about quality. Deeply. You believe that quality goes way beyond functional correctness and fundamentals, and extends into simple and delightful user experiences. You are focused on customer happiness. You are sensitive to design.
- You think big, you dig deep - you can zoom in and drive detailed investigations, and zoom out to see the big picture and form broad strategy effectively and efficiently.
- Think in terms of frameworks. You look for success or failure patterns, and convert them into processes and frameworks.
- You have a proven record of the development and delivery of large-scale products.
- You exude optimism and strong belief in your own abilities and the abilities of the org.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals, regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. This is what it means to be Adobe For All. Learn more about our vision here.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top