Director of Architecture, Professional Services
- Chicago, IL
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver outstanding digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create alluring and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are looking to hire for our team! As part of the Adobe Customer Solutions Consulting (ACS) organization, the Director of Architecture & Data Services will lead the team that is at the core of planning, strategizing, architecting, road mapping, and deploying complex multi-solution and enterprise technologies to support Adobe's largest customers in launching key use cases and data driven value realization. The architects on this team are responsible for Enterprise Architecture across Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) and our customers enterprise data ecosystem, multi-Solution Architects (MSAs) who lead the Experience Cloud end-to-end architecture, and Data Architects and Data Engineers who are the masters of big data, data modeling, data architecting, data science, custom data engineering both within Adobe technology and within our own custom technology repeatable frameworks. As the leader of this team, this role will be responsible to grow new architectural capabilities, cross train the teams, establish core centers of excellence, establish standard methodologies and standards, and drive thought leadership internally and externally.
You will recruit and develop a team of best in class consultants and lead performance against financial targets and contribute to client success and satisfaction through direct client engagement and relationships. Successfully fulfilling the responsibilities of this role requires working at multiple levels within Adobe, Customer, and Partner organizations to own successful outcomes.
- Establish the unified Architecture team within Adobe Customer Solutions Consulting
- Develop an end-to-end Experience Platform consulting practice complete with a team of Enterprise Architects, Data Architects, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists that will work with customers and deliver on high profile Experience Platform consulting engagements, establish an engagement model, enable the team members onshore and offshore, drive standards and standard methodologies, and industry leading innovation capability
- Establish and build out the Enterprise Architecture practice, capability, standard methodologies, standards, and capacity
- Inform the creation of compelling and innovative service offerings centered around AEP that use a blend of onshore, offshore, and partner expertise for optimal impact
- Lead out in formalizing a plan for wide-spread client adoption of AEP by emphasizing the critical capabilities and standard methodologies such as data governance, segmentation strategy for in-bound and out-bound communication, and data model creation as key functionality the client will want to take advantage of and clear capabilities ACS can support them in doing
- Lead and build a strategy and framework for knowledge creation
- Cultivate and maintain strong executive relationships with key client partners to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide experienced input to client proposals and contracts to ensure commitments and expectations are well defined
- Lead team performance to meet and exceed targets for revenue, margin, and growth
- Proactively cultivate collaboration with Engineering and Product Management to facilitate knowledge exchange and provide critical field feedback
- Develop and drive strategic initiatives across Consulting teams
- Coordinate timely and accurate completion of team operational functions including time entry, expense management, revenue forecasting, and reporting
- Grow consulting revenue and client impact through direct leadership on customer engagements (that may involve multiple project teams from Adobe, Customer or Partner organizations)
- Lead and encourage team with positivity and optimism, crafting a culture of high expectations and achievement
What you need to succeed
- 8+ years' experience as a senior consulting leader in a services organization passionate about big data, architecture, and customer platform transformation
- 10+ years' experience as a client-facing consultant, including delivering enterprise-scale technology solutions
- Experience leading consulting teams with proven thought leadership in the following types of projects:
- Cloud-based data warehousing and data lake implementations
- Machine learning and AI implementations
- Working knowledge of data modeling, SQL, NoSQL, Data Warehousing, ETL with special consideration for working knowledge in Python, Java, Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, AWS, Azure big data programming languages and technologies
- Experience building out new teams and helping organization through transformative change
- Experience developing reusable practices and methodologies
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills, including executive communications
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to identify issues, tackle them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate optimally with teammates and clients
- Professional attitude, ability to communicate optimally with and lead diverse teams throughout Adobe, and communicating with client managers, directors, and VPs including CMOs and CXOs
- Superb organizational skills to lead cross-functional teams
- Outstanding team building and team management skills, with validated experience leading virtual teams.
- Ability to lead in an environment of uncertainty, ambiguity and complexity with diverse partners.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Experience leading 10+ consulting delivery data scientists with a preference of the team consisting of 3+ with Masters or PHDs.
- MBA or Master's Degree in related discipline - Focus on AI/ML or Big data preferred
- Understanding of 3-tier computability (Persistence, middle-tier and UI)
- Experience in data persistence architectures and modeling techniques in real-world scenarios.
- Experience running a profit center or cost center
- 2 to 3 years of Program Management experience
- Experience as Consulting Manager in a large consulting organization
- Experience leading off-shore teams.
Adobe's Worldwide Field Operations
Adobe's Worldwide Field Operations (WWFO) provides customers with the products, services, solutions, and support they need to make, run, measure and/or monetize their digital assets. WWFO includes Worldwide Sales, Reseller Partnerships, Partner Sales, Adobe Global Services, Sales Operations and the Adobe Worldwide eCommerce organizations.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top