Director, Cloud Engineering Shared Services
- Lehi, UT
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and build content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful! We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day-and we're the ones who harness the massive power of Big Data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
As a Director for the Cloud Engineering Shared Services team, you will be responsible to lead a geographically distributed team of almost 40 people, including hardworking leaders, Site Reliability Engineers, and DevOps Engineers. The team is responsible for developing, deploying, scaling and supporting shared technical services and applications across the Adobe Experience Cloud and all of Adobe. This role will require strong leadership skills, a strong technical background, and the ability to build cross-company partnerships in order to optimally deliver to strategic objectives.
What you'll do
- • Directly manage a geographically distributed team of hardworking managers and leaders who are responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and operations of critical, massive scale, shared services.
- • Develop and execute a strategic technical and operational roadmap that meets the needs of many teams that span Adobe.
- • Lead the DevOps process by working closely with managers from across Adobe in an agile process.
- • Establish a multi-region, high-performing team; mentor and support individual growth and development.
- • Work with product management, program management, and service owners to transform technical architectural direction into services features and a clear roadmap.
- • Collaborate with various internal teams to provide high-quality customer experience and support.
- • Develop a vision and roadmap to meet Adobe's needs today and tomorrow.
- • Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving & scaling the services.
- • Coordinate Service metrics and measurements.
- • Responsible for the entire service lifecycle including automation, monitoring, alerting, & logging.
What you need to succeed
- • A consistent record of owning the development and delivery of cloud-scale services within a fast-growing, global, matrixed environment.
- • A sense of urgency infused with infectious enthusiasm to drive the vision.
- • A combination of critical thinking and pragmatic delivery to yield the best short term as well as long term results.
- • Experience with Agile methodology and working within and coordinating scrum teams, sprints, etc.
- • Minimum 10+ years of people leadership and management experience.
- • Will ideally possess a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- • Experience with Linux based operating systems and associated open-source software, operated in Public Cloud environments.
- • Direct experience directly managing large scale services like secrets/tokens, Logging (Syslog, Splunk, etc..), DNS, Message Queuing (RabbitMQ, Kafka), LDAP, API based secrets management capabilities, production environment access controls, or similar is helpful.
- • Excellent organization, presentation, and written skills - ability to clearly communicate your vision to executive leadership and translate it to implementation for your team.
Adobe's Digital Experience Business Unit provides solutions that empower businesses to make, manage, measure and monetize online, offline and multichannel business initiatives.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top