Data Strategist, Account-Based Marketing
You will join the Account Based Marketing & Insights (ABM-I) team as a data architect and product manager focusing on the enterprise (B2B) contact data ecosystem. As Adobe's enterprise business has evolved, it has led to data complexities requiring data improvement and innovation, in particular in the area of enterprise contact development and management. In this role, you will be leading the charge on behalf of the Marketing and Customer Insights (MCI) organization to pinpoint data and process issues, offer data solutions and strategic vision, while collaborating with partners and partner to build the most creative, sound, results-oriented contact database in the industry.
You will complement an upstart, creative team of problem-solvers, data engineers, analysts and data scientists by contributing your expertise in the management of contact data. You will offer expertise in the areas of information organization, CRM/Marketing database development, cross-team collaboration (especially between marketing and sales), and data growth strategies.
You will be responsible for maintaining the quality and spearheading ongoing innovation of the contact database used to support Adobe's marketing and sales organizations. This will include data quality initiatives, structural enhancements, and developing new contact-level insights using algorithms, analysis, data acquisition, partner collaboration, and outside-the-box thinking.
- Improve the quality of Adobe's enterprise contact database.
- Develop a deep expertise in the complexities and nuances of Adobe's enterprise data landscape, including both contact-level and account-level data, in support of our team's broader mission to scale ABM across Adobe.
- Work with marketing operations and campaign & demand marketing teams across the globe to improve contact coverage in our target accounts.
- Enhance and enrich what we know about our marketable contacts and end users through data acquisition/stitching, data quality initiatives, and analysis.
- Generate new, innovative interest signals and insights to give our marketers and sales teams the tools they need to reach the right contacts, at the right time, with the right message.
- Develop new important metrics and metrics to hold ourselves accountable for the continued growth of our direct marketing capabilities.
- Work with engineers and data product developers to generate insightful, actionable reporting for our marketing and sales partners.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of Adobe's internal Marketo instance.
- Serve as an enterprise contact subject-matter expert and data ambassador in Adobe-wide data architecture and alignment initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
We welcome applicants of all ages, backgrounds, educational and professional experiences who have skills, aptitude, attitude, and drive. The below guidelines illustrate the type of person that would be most likely to succeed in this role, however, you need not meet 100% of the criteria.
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- BS/BA or advanced degree in computer science, information systems management, or similar discipline.
- Experience working for a leading technology company, a strategy/management consulting organization, or a corporate marketing department
- Great at time management, communication, and being a self-starter.
- An eagerness to learn everything you can about enterprise marketing and sales in an information-intensive organization.
- Expertise with all stages of database development and maintenance, including needs assessments, requirements gathering, database design, data ETLs, SQL coding, troubleshooting, optimization, and data pipeline maintenance.
- Experience working on teams that use Git, JIRA, and proper coding/database development processes in support of production-grade data pipelines and products.
- Extremely detail oriented and quality-obsessed, especially when it comes to the databases you build, their ability to scale, and the problems they solve.
- An eagerness to dive in and solve the challenges that arise in the complex data ecosystem supporting Adobe's enterprise (B2B) marketing, sales, and CXM organizations.
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty and tackle data puzzles, even when you can't immediately see all the pieces.
- An ability to wear several hats, especially that of data wizard, information scientist, SQL programmer, data product manager, and business strategist.
- A passion for good, clean user experiences in all things, including, of course, the data products you produce.
- Experience working in B2B contact marketing, ideally as part of a Account-Based Marketing program or team.
- Comfortable discussing the technical processes, terminology, and strategy behind B2B marketing operations, including leads, attribution, marketing funnels, and key sales processes.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of partner, business strategists, and technical partners, while expertly translating business needs and problem areas into functional requirements and ultimately a well-functioning data product.
- Comfortability working in both Hive and SQL Server database environments.
- Experience working in and/or developing a CRM/Marketing Automation instance used to manage B2B contacts, their engagement activities, profiling, and progression through marketing funnels.
- Experience building SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS SQL Server databases supporting data cubes, PowerBI Dashboards, etc.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top