Data Scientist/Analyst, Adobe Spark & Creative Cloud Education
- Seattle, WA
Adobe Spark is a team of passionate storytellers, technology innovators, and change agents! We're re-thinking (from the ground up!) The way people build and publish a range of content - from graphics to video to HTML - on mobile devices and in the browser. Our aim is to deliver fast, fun, and frictionless experiences that allow students, teachers, non-profits, small businesses - really anyone with something to say - to make something that will stand out and impress their audience. Creative Cloud (CC) Education is a new product team passionate about encouraging creativity in Young Creators, including those using Adobe Spark. Together these two initiatives - Spark and Education - have some of the most exciting potential at Adobe.
We are seeking an expert Sr Data Science Analyst to support the Adobe Spark and CC Education teams. This role is a strategic role, partnering with product managers and the leadership team making key decisions about the direction of our products. We're looking for someone who has experience and passion about behavioral analysis for software products.
What you'll do
- Deliver user insights and analysis
- Analyze data to build a deeper understanding of our users and their behaviors
- Present findings to key leadership to influence product roadmaps
- Design, implement, and analyze A/B experiments to provide reports and actionable insights
- Find opportunities and advocate for product improvement and optimization
- Build dashboards and tools that provide insight around key metrics
- Perform ad hoc analysis and data modeling to understand and predict behavior trends, in order to optimize growth and engagement
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members including product managers and other software engineers to deliver compelling products/services
- Be an inspiring leader in the data and product teams around experimentation and product insights
- Help our business make the right decisions
- Partner closely with teams to understand their business objectives and provide data-driven solutions and recommendations.
- Define the key business metrics to track the health of our business and drive better decision making
- Emphasize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture.
- Drive our data platform
- Partner directly with the product development teams on product instrumentation, product flow and data capture.
- Help drive the strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems.
- Become the subject matter authority on our data platform, including driving the requirements for our internal event logging systems, data processing engines, experimentation frameworks, and data visualization/dashboard tools.
- Build trust in data by crafting processes and frameworks that ensure data integrity and consistent data definitions.
What is needed for success
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Experience working on SaaS/mobile software, working with product managers and engineers to instrument and analyze feature usage, user in-product behavior, and funnel data
- Ability to sift through large amounts of information, extract key insights, and communicate succinctly
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
- Willingness to dig-in and understand data to demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to get things done.
- Outstanding teammate with a customer-back mindset.
- Conducive, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- You will have the ability to tell a compelling story with this data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented.
- Excellent data communication and storytelling ability
- Experience deriving and communicating insights from data analyses to product and/or business leaders
- MBA or MS preferred
Nice to have
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, and confidence intervals.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python)
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top