Data Science Associate, Adobe Digital Insights
- San Francisco, CA
Position: Data Science Associate, Adobe Digital Insights
Business Unit: Global Marketing Organization
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and build content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously crafted content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day. We are the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We're a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that's why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you're passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
Adobe Digital Insights (ADI) produces public insights covered by news outlets the world over, on topics from the global economy to photography trends. Every year, tens of thousands of articles and hours of news footage will be dedicated to the work that you will be doing. ADI also consults with C-level leadership at Adobe's Enterprise customers to advise on strategies for customer-experience transformation and digital innovation. Today, Adobe is at the forefront of enabling our customers' digital transformation and new experience-led business models. This has translated into a stock price appreciation of nearly 5x from Feb 2016 to Feb 2020.
As a Data Science Associate you will help steward Adobe's enormous and unique data assets. Investigate and analyze those data to identify trends that will provide meaningful insight to people's increasingly complex digital lives. Developing innovative ways for improving the digital strategies of the world's biggest brands through the analysis of the digital performance data they make available via Adobe Experience Cloud, the world's largest collection of such data.
This role will require you to mine both structured and unstructured elements of digital performance data to objectively and fairly compare companies with similar objectives. Become a member of the Adobe Digital Insights practice and work closely with the various teams throughout Adobe to share the insights you find with enterprise customers. We're looking for someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to shifting conditions, priorities, and deadlines, is meticulous and precise, and is a self-starter. Develop and prescribe the processes by which aggregate and anonymous digital benchmark data that can be shared with customers. Interact with internal users to define, synthesize and prioritize data requirements and work with engineering groups to assess the feasibility of potential approaches.
At Adobe, you are immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world by numerous "best places to work" awards. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are dedicated to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. Are you looking to build your career? Adobe's the place for you! Every day, we get to work with some of the most creative, analytical, authentic and inspiring people in the world!
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis
- Degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills, including conducting research, analyzing data, developing hypotheses, and synthesizing recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully with people at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with digital marketing performance measurement
- Passion for the field of data driven marketing and ability to absorb concepts quickly.
- Proven leadership and self-direction.
- Willingness to both guide others and learn new techniques.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- High level of energy, personal drive, and positivity
Desirable but not essential
- Proficient in database querying (SQL, Mongo, or Hive)
- Experience with data visualization software and techniques (Power BI, Tableau, D3.js)
- Comfortable with a scripting language for non-production use (C#, Python, or PHP)
- Familiarity with Adobe Analytics (Reporting API) helpful
- Experience architecting integrations and running data flows to support big data initiatives
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top