Critical Account Manager
Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Critical Account Manager to join the Critical Accounts escalation team. The candidate will be responsible for the managing and reporting of critical customer situations. The goal of the Associate Critical Account Manager is to expedite the resolution of customer's issues where the long-term relationship is at risk, from technical product issues to business & renewal risks and concerns. The candidate must be able to effectively triage customer issues, fully understand and document client concerns, work alongside cross functional teams, drive expedient resolution, and conduct post mortems to recommend improvements across the organization. The individual will provide necessary internal reporting through SFDC objects/cases/dashboards and weekly cross departmental management executive summary meetings. Most importantly the candidate must be able to stay calm and collected in a high-pressure environment. This role has high visibility across the entire Marketo organization and leadership team.
This role sits in our Denver office and reports into the Manager of Critical Accounts under the Account Advocacy department at Marketo.
What will you do?
- Work primary with Marketo's Strategic/Enterprise customers and the Marketo Strategic/Enterprise team members.
- become the main owner/driver of customer escalations, from organizing calls to coordinating internal cross functional resources with the goal of making our customers successful.
- Understand, document and prioritize client issues during escalation calls/emails.
- Work with internal Marketo cross departmental teams to leverage correct resources to drive client issues to resolution.
- Update SFDC notes on escalation resolution progress.
- Communicate with clients to assess satisfaction levels with services delivered.
Is this you?
- 2+ years experience in problem management, project management, or managing major incidents / situations with knowledge of escalation management guidelines
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working with executives and C-level constituents.
- Ability to remain calm while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional written communication skills with a proactive approach to updating internal team members and updating internal documentation (ex: SFDC cases)
- Ability to translate technical incidents into business terms and priorities.
- A focus on the customer's success and overall ownership of the escalation; use of own initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Understands a customer's issue and demonstrates real concern.
- Adaptability to new processes and expectations.
- Experience with Salesforce, JIRA, Smartsheet, and/or equivalent a plus
- PMP certified or equivalent educations not required but a plus
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top