Computer Scientist - Mobile Application Development
This is a position in Adobe Captivate Prime (ACP) development team in Bangalore. Adobe Captivate is the world's leading authoring tool in the fast-growing area of eLearning. ACP team is responsible for developing the new generation platform for eLearning contents. This platform is revolutionizing the way enterprises get on to and manage eLearning. The platform is hosted solution on AWS and is created using the modern web technologies
- Owning a small to medium feature from conception to delivery:
- Engage with customers and product management teams (co-located in Bangalore) to understand the need and design an innovative solution.
- Elaborating the feature scope through competition analysis, research on recent technologies and trends to deliver the best-in-class and often next-in-class solutions and iteratively work with customers to finesse the solution.
- Writing use cases, resource estimation and planning.
- Designing the feature
- Coding and stabilization of the feature.
- Handling non-functional requirements like performance, memory leaks, memory errors, not just at the feature level but, analyses its impact at the solution level as well.
- Participate in the evolution of best practices. Display thought leadership through presentations in various aspects of computer science.
What you'll do
- The role is that of an individual contributor, but collaboration with everyone else in the team is essential
- Can take a brief requirement articulated by Product Manager and elaborate that into a software specification
- Ability to think in the abstract, apply principles of good software architecture and meticulous in low level design
- Able to estimate effort and schedule, proactively identify dependencies and risks; and takes initiative to go beyond individual success to team success
- Write performant, secure and maintainable code efficiently. Participate in code reviews actively and help improve engineering processes
- Be a strong advocate for user/customer experience - lead by example and influence peer developers, designers, documentation specialists and quality engineers
- A mindset for going beyond regular work to innovate and create the future for our customers and our business.
- Good communication skills and someone who is prepared to be the ambassador for the products he/she builds.
What you need to succeed
- 5-10 years of experience in development using various Web technologies.
- Expert level developer in at least one of these platforms: Android or IOS; but should be willing to learn and work on multiple platforms
- At least 3 year of mobile application development in a team setting with at least one big release of product to iTunes or Play
- Working knowledge of current trends and frameworks of server side technologies.
- Write solid, optimized, code in Java that follows the best practices.
- Good Understanding of OO concepts.
- Good computer science fundamentals & deep data structures knowledge.
- Good problem-solving skills. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of working and debugging with IDEs like Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- This position specifically targets the server-side technologies and frameworks, mainly Java, Spring, Hibernate etc. Knowledge of client-side technologies, will be a big plus
Nice to have:
- Developed an enterprise application with multiple roles (Web or Mobile)
- Developed an online-offline application that works on mobile devices
- Developed a non-trivial responsive web application
- Developed an application that needs to present interactive content in a variety of formats (video, audio, text)
- Exposure/experience in the domain on "eLearning"
- Exposure to AI, ML, VR and AR
- Patent applications, publications in journals/magazines, delivery of talks in conferences
- Passionate about solving interesting problems for customers - ready to explore new grounds in technology and user experience.
- Display a readiness to walk "unchartered" territory with a deep sense of curiosity, appetite for risk and perseverance to solve problems.
- Knowledge on AWS or any other cloud platform.
- Knowledge about audio and video delivery on web.
- Knowledge about responsive web sites development. Knowledge of application development on iOS and Android.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top