Computer Scientist, Cloud Technology
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create alluring and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
We are on a mission to standardize service development at Adobe by providing a streamlined development, deployment, and operational experience to service teams - from concept to code to container to cloud to customer. Our team is responsible for the design, development and roll-out of a service development framework that is used Adobe-wide.
We collaborate with a vibrant group of senior developers and architects across Business Units and Organizations, and enable a marketplace of reusable service development components which service teams benefit from and also contribute back to following open-source like development practices. Our team is top-tier, skilled and forward-thinking, and we are looking for versatile engineers who have good experience with cloud (Kubernetes/AWS/Azure), REST APIs, Java (specifically Spring Boot), Reactive programming, and Maven.
If you have passion and energy to drive the next wave of Adobe's cloud journey, empowering product teams to focus on creating "Adobe Magic", then this role is for you. We are a small core team and your ability to flexibly collaborate, to sometimes lead and sometimes follow, will be appreciated.
What you'll do
- Employ deep knowledge of cloud application stack, performance and availability optimizations, and security best practices.
- Design and build frameworks and platforms for development of new features and services
- Write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code; whether implementing architectural improvements and new features, or fixing bugs.
- Drive the design and implementation of our service architecture in a cloud environment.
- Ensure strong security and compliance practices in data handling and distribution.
- Adopt a highly collaborative and effective team that requires strong communication and high quality contributions.
- Work with industry leaders defining Adobe's future services and infrastructure.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews.
- Collaborate closely with our parent team which deploys Adobe-wide software and infrastructure technology, promoting containerization, clusterization, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD). Collectively we create tools, processes, and workflows that connect and empower hundreds of internal development teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have solid grounding in computer science fundamentals, especially hands-on experiences working in Java and the Spring Boot framework.
- Knowledge of state of the art techniques fundamental to cloud architecture
- Desire for ownership during the full lifecycle of a project from concept to completion.
- Ability to participate in company-wide initiatives to develop design patterns, and champion them to the relevant functional teams.
- Ability to provide feedback on functionality requests regarding feasibility and complexity.
- A result driven personality, high enthusiasm, good energy, and thrive in a team environment.
- Interest in Docker, containerization, CI/CD technologies, AWS/Azure, and Kubernetes.
- Excellent and effective communication skills; we are a geographically distributed team and sometimes connecting takes extra effort.
- B.S. or above degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years as a software engineer
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top