Commercial Sales Executive
- Flexible / Remote
As the #1 eCommerce platform for the Alexa top one million sites, Magento empowers our clients to focus on engaging their customers and growing their business. Our clients choose Magento, so they can build their business with the eCommerce platform that puts them in control. We offer flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help our clients grow and succeed online. Our cost-effective technology platform makes it possible for our clients to control the content, functionality, and look and feel of their online store.
Who You Are
Our Sales team thrives being on the front lines, generating leads and prospects, selling a suite of eCommerce services, closing deals and making money! We are looking for a high energy individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and proven track record of success selling in the eCommerce or tech solutions space to join this elite team as an Enterprise Sales Manager. The ideal candidate has enterprise level software solutions sales experience in the retail industry and will be responsible for selling eCommerce solutions to medium and large enterprises. The Field Sales Executive drives sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. The FSE also participates in finding leads, in the development of presentations and sales propositions, negotiates pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. This is a perfect opportunity to make a jump to a rapidly growing tech company.
- Run a sales territory
- Develop target named account strategies and tactical penetration plans
- Develop and maintain relationships at the "C" and "VP" levels of the defined target named accounts
- Develop compelling value propositions based on return on investment cost/benefit analysis
- Execute against the major steps of the sales process including finding new business opportunities, qualifying new opportunities, and closing new business
- Sell against annual revenue targets for software licenses and services
- Coordinate with pre-sales and professional services teams
- Input ideas and participates in marketing events
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts
- Maintain third party relationships
What is needed for success
- Demonstrated sales track record with Tier 1 and Tier 2 retailers (8-10 years' experience is preferred)
- Understanding of retail industry dynamics, Omnichannel retailing challenges, related cost drivers, and customer needs
- Understanding of broad competitive solution footprints for the retail information systems marketplace is preferred
- Experience with insight selling methodology
- Be able to work with prospects to understand their business requirements and return on investment models
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and then clearly articulate value propositions
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively bringing in the right resources to bear at the right stage in the selling process
- Experience and success in selling high value, long lead time enterprise solutions software ($500K and above)
- Proven new business development skills and sales quota attainment track record
- Mentality of a creative self-starter; ability to work independently and find a way into the prospect; in charge of one's destiny with minimal support until the prospect is qualified
- Strong skills in the following: communication, presentation skills, negotiation, organizational and attention to detail
- Proficient networker. Ability to develop and utilize relationships with senior industry leaders and key influencers
- High comfort level and presence with senior Retail executives
- An accomplished history selling multi-level to business, technical, IT people, and C-level executives
- Bachelor's degree or related area
- Regional travel for this role is approximately 50% by land and/or air
- Experience working for companies such as: Oracle, SAP/Hybris, IBM/Sterling, Epicor, NetSuite/OrderMotion, Shopatron, DemandWare, or other eComm/Omnichannel solutions provider
- You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- As a member of the Magento team confidentiality, courtesy, discretion and diplomacy are table stakes. Our team thrives on being a trusted advisor our leaders and a trusted resource for our clients. Every member of our team has is expected to act with the utmost integrity and professionalism at all times and to put our customers "in the center of the room".
- You are a driven teammate, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and supports great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Committed Improvement: We are growing our team and building our company. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic seekers of new ideas for improvement and will be excited to stay current in the practices of other top employers. We want you to bring your thoughts, constantly hatch new thoughts and share recommendations often. We have a high bar and will always look to raise it.
- Passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a dedicated manner.
Working for Magento
Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth.
A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you'll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and extensive resources.
We're always looking for experienced and hardworking people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top