Commerce Technical Architect
Magento Technical Architect
Magento, an Adobe company, is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, with more than $124 billion in gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform annually. In addition to its flagship digital commerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions that empower merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Articulate the architectural vision to clients, sponsors and stakeholders
- Always represent Magento (work product, communications, presence) professionally in both client and team situations
- Validate clients roadmap against Magento current or expected features.
- Conceptualize and experiment with alternative architectural approaches
- Validate the architecture against requirements and assumptions
- Verify and validate development process, ensuring adherence to quality standards and methodology
- Identify and resolve technical issues. Invent, validate and implement new architectural approaches.
- Create new development methodologies that improve outcomes and business results
- Act as a technical leader both within Magento Services but also within the larger technical community internally, and with the technical staff of Magento customers and partners
- Be an efficient participant in interactions at all levels within the company and partner organizations, especially at the senior technical and executive level, where they are most impactful
- Act as a technical thought leader
- Thorough functional and code level knowledge of all Magento products and all relevant commerce technologies
- 3+ years of continuous Magento 1 & 2 development experience
- Magento Cloud experience is a plus
- Experience building major 3rd party systems integrations (ERPs, Payment Gateways, 3PL, etc.)
- Experience in identifying and implementing performance optimizations, understanding scalability concepts
- In-depth knowledge of web-application security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them, understanding PCI compliance concepts
- Solid understanding of organizations business strategy
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong mentoring skills, ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
- Expert PHP / Object Oriented Programming skills
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- 5+ years programming experience
- Strong database architecture skills, MySQL knowledge, experience interacting with database systems through abstraction layer
- Proficient Linux user, understanding concepts behind LAMP/LNMP stack applications + those Magento uses out of the box (Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, etc.), ability to perform basic setup of the stack
- Solid understanding of Magento frontend development concepts
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top