Cloud Operations Site Reliability Engineer
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
Cloud Operations is responsible for ensuring Adobe's cloud platform, products and ecosystems are reliable, scalable and secure. From core infrastructure to enabling "As-a-Service" capabilities, our dedicated team of architects, software engineers, program managers and cloud administrators ensure that Adobe's customers are delighted by their experience with our products.
A capable site reliability engineer (SRE) should have one main high-level objective; identify and solve complex problems through software. This is not a traditional sys admin/operations role (ie deployments, ticket work, dashboarding, monitoring, incident response). A significant portion of time (~50%) will be some form of programming/development work, preferably to solve self-identified problems.
This role will be working with the Adobe Content Platform development team, based in Seattle, WA. The Adobe Content Platform (ACP) is the platform for multiple Adobe SaaS offerings, operated across multiple regions on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure. As a member of a cross-functional development team you will be developing and owning internal and public platform services. You should be self-directed and team oriented. This position requires healthy doses of initiative and flexibility in a very dynamic environment. You will work with multiple agile teams located in North America as well as collaborate with development teams in USA, Europe and India.
- Together with your cross-functional team you fully own the services you build
- Ensure the highest level of up-time and Quality of Service (QoS) to Adobe's customers through operational excellence
- Define service level objectives (SLOs) and service level indicators (SLIs) to represent and measure service quality
- Embed with product teams (physically and/or virtually) to foster strong collaboration/partnership
- Identify areas to improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance/load testing, etc
- Support and maintain globally distributed, multi-cloud (public and/or private) environments
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
- Design and maintain production monitoring systems
Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- Evaluate and manage application and environment security
- Follow change management processes during implementations
- Use and maintain version control for application infrastructure
- Work in a diverse and global team environment
- Cross-train with other global team members
- Participate in an on-call rotation as required
- Determine root-cause for all production level incidents and write corresponding high-quality RCA reports
- Promote the DevOps/SRE mindset
- 5+ years production level experience with distributed applications at scale in public cloud (AWS and/or Azure) working within software development or Internet-related industries, particularly in the context of a SaaS offering.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Production level expertise with containerization orchestration engines (ie Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Strong working knowledge of modern, continuous development techniques and pipelines (Agile, Kanban, CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory)
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as ISO27001, SOCII, PCI-DSS, and/or HIPAA
B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top