Business Development Representative - Public Sector
- McLean, VA
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day-and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We're a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that's why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you're passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
Adobe is looking for a high-energy aggressive Account Development Manager on the Public Sector team.
What you'll do
- Support sales efforts by targeting and penetrating Enterprise Accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills. In addition, candidate would work to qualify inbound calls, chats, and emails to build quality sales pipeline.
- Product focus would include: web content management, digital asset management, web analytics, social marketing and analytic tools, mobile device digital content optimization and more.
- Utilize Salesforce.com tool to ensure standard processes are followed during opportunity qualification, standard Q&A is utilized and opportunity tracking/ distribution rules are followed.
- Work with direct sales organizations to identify qualification improvements and ensure only qualified leads are passed.
- Assist customers in understanding Adobe enterprise solutions, configuration, environment and how they fit within their current infrastructure and business processes.
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover customer issues.
- Process problems, and translate need into business opportunities.
- Comfortable talking with prospects (internal/external) customers building relationships and monetizing them.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment while still providing quality opportunities and driving revenue.
- Exceed expectations while aiding the entire organization to do the same.
What You Need to Succeed
- 1-5 years previous sales experience required.
- 1-2 years previous B2B SaaS sales experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in Public Sector sales preferred.
- Consistent over-achievement in past positions.
- Must possess an understanding of basic sales methodologies.
- Experience owning a quota or some form of performance-based delivery a plus.
- Technically adept, self-motivated, and driven by results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have experience crafting business messages.
- Strong attention to detail, good listener, good organizational skills.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
What leading at Adobe means
At Adobe, we're passionate about developing leaders at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to people managers. Anyone who's considering a career with us should know that we evaluate leadership based on these five capabilities:
- Demonstrating Strong EQ(Be Aware) - Having a keen sense of self awareness is the foundation of leadership at Adobe. Whether you're an individual contributor or a people manager, you're someone who's empathetic and mindful of your impact on others.
- Selecting Talent(Be a Recruiter) - You're a guardian and an ambassador for selecting talent at Adobe! You recommend and recruit only the best. You embrace diversity of ideas, experiences and working styles because you know that diverse teams drive better business results.
- Role Modeling Check-In (Be a Coach) - We don't believe in annual reviews and rankings. That's why, feedback flows constantly at Adobe. To succeed, you'll meet frequently with your manager to receive ongoing feedback, set challenging performance expectations, and pursue continuous development opportunities.
- Leading change (Be an Agent of Change) - You readily adapt to business changes. Ambiguity or uncertainty never seems to stop you from working productively. You're maniacally focused on execution and you're always looking at new approaches to resolving issues.
- Scaling the Business (Be an Owner) - You approach your role as if you own the business. The buck stops with you. Your goal is to always deliver an exceptional customer experience by listening to feedback and continuously looking to improve efficiencies.
Get to know the team
Adobe's Worldwide Field Operations provides customers with the products, services, solutions, and support they need to make, manage, measure and/or monetize their digital assets. Worldwide Field Operations includes Worldwide Sales, Reseller partnerships, Partner Sales, Technical Services, Customer Care, Sales Operations, and the Adobe Worldwide eCommerce organizations.
See what our employees have to say about their careers in Adobe's Worldwide Field Organization in this video.
More reasons why Adobe life is the good life
- Skip those awful "performance reviews."
- Work in a place that cultivates great leaders throughout the organization.
- Feed your brain and grow your skills with educational reimbursements of up to $10,000 per year.
- Take off for a four-week sabbatical after five years of employment. (As in "don't even check your email the whole time.")
- Give up to $10,000 to your favorite cause each year, and we'll match every penny.
- Get generous reimbursement for your favorite wellness activity. Surfing? Judo? Knock yourself out. Kayaking? Whatever floats your boat.
- Enjoy serious discounts on the Adobe software that will make friends jealous.
- Winter break? Of course. Summer break, too? Now we're talking.
- Those "best places to work" lists love us (in multiple countries).
- Get adoption assistance, backup childcare, pet insurance, commuting reimbursement, and more.
- The work is awesome. The people are awesome. We think there's no better place to make an impact.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We're glad that you're pursuing career development opportunities.
Here's what you'll need to do:
1. Apply with your complete LinkedIn profile or resume/CV.
2. Schedule a Check-in meeting with your manager to discuss this internal opportunity and your career aspirations. Check-ins should include ongoing discussions about expectations, feedback and career development. Learn more about Check-in here.
3. Learn more about the internal career opportunities process in this FAQ.
4. If you're contacted for an interview, here are some tips.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top