Big Data Software Engineer
- San Jose, CA
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more substantial. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the alluringly designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day - and we're the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
Adobe Data Science Team is looking for a Big Data Engineer who will help build the web's next generation of data science products. These products will help businesses understand and manage their customers' full lifecycle, from customer analytics to marketing media optimization. By leveraging big data machine learning techniques, our team is building intelligence products and services that address challenging business problems including real-time online media optimization, marketing mix modeling and planning, media attribution, leads scoring, sales operation analytics, customer conversion scoring and optimization, customer churn scoring and management and social network analysis.
We are looking for a passionate big data engineer who will build advanced data ETL/wrangling pipelines, serve predictive models, and provide data intelligence as a service. Ideal candidates will have a strong knowledge in big data techniques and experience in working with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure.
What you'll do
- Build big data pipelines and structures that power predictive models and intelligence services on large-scale datasets with high uptime and production level quality
- Implement and manage large scale ETL jobs on Hadoop/Spark clusters in Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with internal data science, engineering and data consumer teams to understand the data needs
- Own data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data collection, ETL/wrangling, ground truth generation and normalization
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, or equivalent years' experience in Computer Science or similar technical fields
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets using open source technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka on one of the major cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Strong SQL (Postgres, Hive, MySQL, etc) and No-SQL (MongoDB, HBase, etc.) skills, including writing complex queries and performance tuning
- Must have good command of Python, Spark / Scala and big data techniques (Hive/Pig, MapReduce, Hadoop streaming, Kafka)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and productizing real-world AI/ML applications such as prediction, personalization, recommendation, content understanding and NLP
- Experience with Kafka, Jenkins, docker
- Distributed computing principles and experience in big data technologies including performance tuning
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top